males

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dime bag dan, Mar 17, 2013.

1. I have Googled this and am coming up with no real solid info. So some say males are completely useless for hash, others say it's well worth it. I was thinking, since I have heard that the thc in males is the strongest right before the pollen sacks open, i was thinking if it works that you could make a nice supply of hash waiting for your females to finish. My question is straight up, worth it or not? I have 3 males about 3ft tall into flowering and wondering if toss em or keep em?

2. I let my gf behead mine as soon as he went rouge and showed those nasty little balls. Im more worried about having good bud rather then male hash. So I threw a trash bag over him took him out and let her do the dirty work (I'm too attached to kill my babies). If you do let them go outside or something make sure you don't bring the pollen in your flower room on your clothes,feet, air Etc.

3. Well this is purely a seed grow. I am just growing these for their seed

4. It's not worth it. Males definitely can produce THC, but nowhere near the rate a female can.

If have an amount of females is something you're concerned about, cloning is as simple as taking a cutting and sticking it in wet coco.

The amount and time that goes into any grow is too much to waste time growing a male for hash.

5. Just make sure you keep the male and female as far away from each other as possible. No one likes seedy bud.

6. #6 baumeister, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    just think clearly for once - you got both males and females just starting to flower. you know you gotta wait for the females to ripen until theyre useful for anything. you know the males are generally less useful as they produce less resin.
    how can you possibly come to the conclusion that you can make hash from barely flowering males? -.-
    edit: oh, you want to let them ripen... nah dont, cannabis relies on wind to distribute pollen, it can easily get in through a cracked window. and if you let the males fully ripen, theyre gonna produce enormous amlounts of pollen, much more than resin. my guess would be that a male plant produces maybe a tenth of the active cannabinoids a female of the same size produces, I think thats easily gonna be what the seeds on your females are gonna take away.

7. It's almost impossible to ever tell

8. Males are not worth the effort for hash. Toss them or make seeds.