Males contain THC?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joephysics, Nov 28, 2007.

1. this is probably a frustrating question for all yall seasoned growers- but ive got a little sprout growing under my bed, and i think it might be a male just because it came up so quick (3 days), which is fast right? i germinated for a day and nothing happened so i just planted it and put light on it and it came up- but yea, was wondering is a male plant usable? ive been searchin online but it seems to go either way. does a male plant actually produce buds that are smokable? would a male have less odor in growth stage since it isnt as potent as a female? thanks, sorry thats a bit of a ramble.

2. I am not sure about odor but yes male do contain THC. very little though. really only worth making hash or something. if you did try and smoke it, it would probably give you a head ache

3. is there a way to turn a male female with like lighting or something. might be a stupid question

4. you cant tell sex that early in the game, unless they are femminized, and for your lighting question, you can make a plant turn hermie if you dont have a consistent light schedule. read some more about lighting schedules and also on how to sex a plant, your gonna need this info in the future. good luck!:smoke: