Male VS. Female

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by keatann, Jun 22, 2003.

1. I'm a first time grower and planted 7 MJ plants on my balcony in large pots. They are about 8 weeks old now and I'm having a bit of trouble telling which ones are female. I am looking at pictures on the net but I'm not 100% sure which are the males and which are female. My guess is that 2 are male because these 2 look like they have those little sacs that look like balls. Is it too early to tell or am I just not seeing things right? Someone told me that out of 7 plants I should get ony about 2 females because he said most are males. Is this true?
    One more question: Approx. how much dried bud can I expect from 1 well looked after, bushy plant?

2. HIGH All, if your seeing little things hanging down...most likely males. I don't think your seeing things *LOL*.

I have one outside I'll take a pic of.

The most I've pulled O.F.F.F. a plant was 5oz's...I Always say 2 to 3 and if you get more call it an added bonus.

3. HIGH All, here's that male keatann.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for your picture it really helped. Yes, it does look like I have 2 males.
    I received a lot of info from this site and would really like to thank everyone here for offering their expertise. I'm sure I couldn't have done this without all the great info I found here.

5. HIGH All, I'll try...it's outside and I hate pictures this late in the day.

6. HIGH All, ok I'm back...pictures shitty but hey!!!

Attached Files:

7. oh, so males do bud a little huh. I thought they produce shit THC count though. I always thought it was just the females that produce "SMOKEABLE" buds or content.

8. HIGH All, nothing smokable here...I chuck the male plants in with the leaves that come O.F.F.F. the other plants and make Bubble Hash.

9. I was looking in this magazine and it showed a picture of some gold looking stuff and said it was pollen, can you smoke the males pollen?

10. do male plants have those little white hairs?

Karo

11. HIGH All, no..if you do it'll most likely be a hermaphrodite.