Male vs female

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CaptainP, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I'm starting from mystery seeds. I feel like this is A very silly question.... But is sex pre determined from seed? Or can a seedling/ vegging plant be encouraged to be a make or female through nutrients/ environmental conditions?

2. 50 50chance seed will be female.

3. Yes I am aware that with only two possibilities of outcomes ( male or female) a random
    Seed has a 50/50 chance of being male or female..... I'm wondering if there are any external factors that can influence these outcomes? Or is it predetermined ?

4. Predetermined but you can cause a female to hernie with stress

5. Damn ok. Do you know when a good time during veg is to sex them?

6. Gender is genetically predetermined.

Actually males can be stressed to hermie as well. It's just very rare to see it because males usually get chopped before getting a chance to hermie...

7. U might see preflowers after 4 weeks or sometimes u have to put in flower to see sex

8. Yes do you know a good time during its veg to flower just to sex, then back to veg? Like after how many weeks of veg would one 12/12 a plant to determine sex?

9. just order feminzed seeds and problem solved

10. Do it after the preflowers are showing after 4-5 weeks of veg, like chep42 suggested.

11. Preflowers generally show up on the main, in the 6th-8th stem nodes. Commonly around weeks 5&6

12. Why would you flower to find sex after preflowers show? You would already know, from the preflowers.

13. Like wharfrat 74 said if u got preflowers u won't need to puther in flower to find sex u will already know. I had plant show preflowers and had some that didn't show till a week after I put her in flower

14. Ohhh ok I wasn't aware they would show pre flowers without putting them into 12/12... So ill keep an eye out down the road and if I don't see anything ill put them in 12/12 until I notice something?

Then do I still have the option to go back into veg?

15. Yea u can go back into veg if u want

16. Great... This is all very helpful. I germinated last Thursday.... I planted Saturday. It's Monday morning and this is what I have so far

image-254196406.jpg

image-2929717719.jpg

image-131777125.jpg

image-202854333.jpg

image-256307727.jpg

I'm not sure how long I should leave the dome on/ how often I should mist with water ?

17. U don't need a dome give them some light. U don't want to over water. I never mist mine