Male turning into Female???!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MaDKroniK, Jan 7, 2010.

1. I asked before but was told that it can't happen. I am telling you that is what is happening. My plant was growing balls then all the sudden it started to produce pistils. The pollen sacks have started to open. I cant get pics at the moment at work. Will post them later.

It is worth keeping? First grow will be happy to be smoking anything.

2. Are you sure they were balls and not the start of pistils?

3. has your plant turned hermie?

4. A plant with both balls and pistils is not a female, it is a hermie.

The calyx on a female is ball-shaped, so seeing roundish things does not automatically mean it was a male.

Posting pics would help.

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was growing male flowers at first. I was originally just going to toss the damn thing but I just kept it going for the hell of it. Then 6 days after I saw male flowers appear, female pistils started poking out. I haven't seen any more male growth only more and more pistils.

Or maybe I just don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. Which is why I am here.

6. Hermaphrodyte...

7. yep, that's hermie.

8. Will I get any smoke out of it?

9. Is this your only plant?

If you have other females then get rid of the hermie, it will pollinate everybody (if it hasn't already). Remove it carefully, gently put a trash bag over it first, you could shake pollen loose when removing it.

If it's your only plant then you might as well grow it out, but I wouldn't expect a lot, it could suffer in both yield and potency. And self-pollinated seeds are a crapshoot, it's possible you would get feminized seeds but that usually is the result of a specialized balancing act, who knows you might get lucky, but my money would be on such seeds not being stable, offspring being deformed or growing out only to become hermie themselves.