Male pollen

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by raiders420, Feb 4, 2006.

1. I had a plant that turned out to be male. Some of the pods looked like they had opened up, but I could not see any dust around them. I am getting ready to flower and I was giving the plants an inspection for bugs and things when I noticed. They have been in veg for 45 days. Is it even possible to have pollen yet? is the male pollen visible?

2. How do you know it is male if the plants are under a veggative light schedule (18/6, 24/0)? Usually the plant starts to show sex after the lights have been turned back to 12/12. Then after that it takes a few weeks for the male pollen to be released. Have you turned back the lights to sex them or something?

3. plants are in 18/6, but the plant started to grow clusters of little round sacks at the internodes, instead of a sack with little hairs sticking out of it. I did not think that the plant could be producing pollen yet.

4. u no the strain... sounds like mayb its got some ruderalis in it or somethin

ruderalis = autoflower

-Did the sacks look like little balls... show a pic

my guess would be it is a male and u have some ruderalis traits in ur genetics and its causing ur plants to autogflower

5. no pictures I destroyed it. The strain is blueberryxkush, something I picked up at the local dispensery.

6. Pollen is "pollen" Regardless if its off a weed plant or a corn plant. Its a fine powder and yes you can see it.

It don't take much to screw your whole batch. But if your not in 12/12 stage or flowering you should be fine being your ladies shouldn't have many pod's if any buds on them yet. I would say remove them all from the room and swipe the room down good with something like windex or bleech water to get rid of any pollen left in the room, and continue to grow as normal.

7. is it from a certian seed bank or do u know? i know blueberry is an indica and im pretty sure kush is sativa and i dont think it has ne ruderalis so wtf??????? u posative its those strains?