Male pollen

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by cloudsurfer, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Had a quick question. Is there any place where you can order strain specific male marijuana pollen? Would like to start breeding but don't wanna set up a completely differnt setup in my garage just for breeding right now. Long term that is the goal but don't have the cash now. Thanks for looking

2. I am uncertain, but you have certainly sparked my interest. In the world of feminized seeds and clones, definitely could be a market for something like that. Post if u find it anywhere

3. Those who venture into canna breeding, make room in their lives for it, it is no big deal to grow a male out, bud in a separate area, collect pollen and store to a fridge or freezer, look after it and will last for years

4. I see you on here a lot V. Never have said hey lol. Anyways yea the goal is to set up a seperate breeding tent outside in my garage. And I'm the kind of person who's brain is a V8 engine with no brakes if you know what I mean. I was thinking about my breeding setup and I got to thinking why doesn't anyone sell male pollen? We sell seeds clones whole plants but can't find it anywhere. Might be a business opportunity there....... in the long term my goal is to make a living in the industry. Jusy taking one step at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

5. Pollen is not sold because the shelf life is too short and it would be way too much trouble to try and keep fresh stock of the ever changing strains available.  If you want to bred, you don't need any special rooms or separate grow systems, grow a male and use the pollen.  Pollen is easily collected and stored in the freezer until use.

You might want to consider taking a course in genetics and breeding practices if you really want to breed plants commercially, there is a whole lot more science involved than just chucking pollen.

PW