Male plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shaxxl, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Do male plants produce any smokable bud

2. no. seeds grow off them

3. So all smokable bud is female even if its got seeds its female

4. No just pollen to seed females.

5. Only a female will produce seeds.

6. If all you have is male plants then let them mature for a few weeks then dry them, chop them up, and smoke em. As with females, the big leaves aren't as potent as the small ones surrounding the seeds/buds, but smoking male plants WILL get you high, if you have a good strain of weed. I never throw the males out unless I have plenty of female buds to smoke and I don't need the seeds for future grows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It all depends on what genes are present in the male! With some good Moroccan strain genes (and likely there's others) in it's ancestry, a male can be quite smoke-able! :GettingStoned:

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops." From “Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco” Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. - PubMed - NCBI

Dry and try, hon! The worst that happens is nothing.:mellow: (And even then, you use the male as either a "filler" in your joints when you are low on bud. Or as what you roll up for that guy who is always bumming a joint! ;))

Granny :wave:

8. You said it much better than I ever could. The lesson to learn is ALL males are not trash. It all depends on whether or not you have plenty of the good stuff to smoke or not.

• Like Like x 1