Male plants "turning" female plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JenWearsPrada, May 31, 2012.

1. Ok. I know I'm jumping the gun since my nearly 50 plants are only in the seedling stage (they're so cute :p) but I have heard people say that male plants can "turn" female plants into males. What exactly does this mean? does it mean they wont flower or produce buds? it confuses me.

2. If you stress a plant by over feeding, not enough light, light leaks during lights out or even genetics can cause a hermi which is a female with buds but the buds will have seeds due to self pollination the male flowers will create. If you have feminized seeds u should be ok but shit happens sometimes

3. If you have a male plant in with the females all of your product will have seeds

4. I have a pile of learning to do. This started as a project just to be self sustaining for me but after i germinated I couldnt just dispose of my little babies. Now i have a whole bunch of them and i worry a lot. I love them lol. thanks so much :)

5. A plant is male, female, or both. Males do not influence the plants around them, only in the aspect of pollinating females. Plants can be hermaphrodites (both sex organs present) either by genetic predisposition or more commonly under highly stressful conditions (read: user/grower error).

Having a male present around females will result in pollinated females, and thus seeded bud, not the propagation of males.

6. You don't have to worry about it until flower,, go on YouTube visual learning is easier IMO .. Look up thing like !! Sexing cannabis!! Nutrients during vegetative cycle!! Super cropping!! Topping!!

Things of that nature all of them are on this site but sifting through all the articles as a noob is tedious and confusing!!

Best of luck best tip I can give is during flower keep humidity to 30 to 40 percent if u can lower the better!

Also air circulation !! Intake and out take fans !!
    This is the lungs of the plant you are making it able to breath!!