male plants grow faster than females?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by hannahj, Jun 30, 2018.

1. So...I have done probably 5 indoor hydro grows but now due to my situation i am forced to grow outdoors in the woods. i started with five seeds and two of them really took off and were about 5 times the size as the other seedlings. Well with my terrible luck chipmunks (yes they were chipmunks, I caught them redhanded) destroyed the smaller 3 plants and i only have the 2 bigger ones left. in my experience growing indoors with regular seeds the seedlings that seem to grow fastest usually turn out to be males (usually) so my question is has anybody else noticed that the faster growing seedlings tend to turn out to be males? this is my first time growing outdoors and i am terrified that the only two plants i have will be male and my whole summer will be a waste of time. Also i am not 100% sure which strains they are because i had a mix of green crack, durban p, and purple afghan. And i have also put protection over the two plants i have left so animals dont get them again. any input on weather these will most likely be males or not will help. and yes i know there is no way to know for sure until they flower but an estimated guess would help...thank you! hannah

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. you will soon know the sex of your plants

we just passed the solstice

now all downhill to winter

but yes I agree with your generalization

but thats all it is

I'm not going to toss out my first 5 fastest growers

on a generalization ...lol

good luck

3. Say you grow five plants of the same strain and they haven't showed sex yet the lengthiest ones that are not squatty or the ones that are going to be males if they if you end up having males.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4. You're just gonna have to wait for them to drop their balls to know for sure.

But I agree, when I see one or two doing noticeably better than the others I keep an eye on them in hopes of being proud, but they always seem to turn out male.

• Like Like x 1