Male Plant Support Group

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GBEKush, Jul 9, 2014.

1. This is a thread for all the people who are depressed about their plants turning out to be male! We're here for you.

This just happened to me. I feel like a father who just lost his young child to cancer. Dark, yes. But this is a dark day for me. I can't be the only one who's felt this way after 4 long weeks of watching their baby grow only to have to give it the axe! It's a damn shame. 

R.I.P. Mr. Bagseed Weed :(

Day 31 Male (7:9:14).jpg

Day 31 Male Nodes (7:9:14).jpg

2. My thoughts are with you in this sad time. :(

3. Thanks brotha, still in denial though. Gonna wait till tomorrow to cut it. I may start more seeds tonight just in case

4. Before I bought seeds I had 8 plants from bag seeds. I batted 100 and got 8 males. I KILLED THEM ALL WITH FIRE!

5. Hahahaha damn man! I would be so outraged. What a bummer!! Sorry about that

6. Aww that makes me sad for you!

🍁CajunZombieKiller🍁

7. Brethen, we have gathered here today to pay homage to the male plant. It was a good plant, grown from bagseed. It wanted to be female and it really tried hard to be one. But the genetics were too strong for the plant and it turned out to be male. Therefore, we now take the male plant, uproot it and throw it in the incinerator. May it rest in peace.

Amen

8. Amen...thank you for this, friend. That's probably the most thoughtful thing I've ever heard anyone say with regards to a male plant. May they all rest peacefully.

9. Sorta makes the case for handing over the few bills for fem a stitch in time and all that shit

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 lFourTwenty, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014

Happens to all of us..this year I started with 10 sativas outside and only 3 turned out female

Also..if you're only growing a plant or 2, it's smart to buy feminized seeds

11. Had a hermaphrodite pollinate my crop. Feel for ya man

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. You're absolutely right man. In my disdain, I bought some feminized seeds from Herbies. I got two white widow autos and 4 lemon kush feminized. I have three more bag seeds so I think what I'll do is start all nine of them 12/12 from seed under the hps in containers a little bigger than a solo cup. Maybe 20 oz containers. I realize that's small, but I'm severely limited for space and and I only need enough for a small personal stash. 

I'm sorry to hear about your sativas :(

I'm not worried lol it's all part of it. My indoor garden is booming right now will be harvesting some this weekend.

The guy that had a hermie pollinate his whole crop..now that's sad  :(

14. #14 GBEKush, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Well, at least if your hermie pollinates itself, you get feminized seeds so there's a plus :) But damn. The whole crop...

15. I shouldn't say crop my bad but it was my last remaining plants and they were flowering nice too. Sux

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #16 lFourTwenty, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014

No there's no plus to a hermie pollinating a crop lol

A plant that hermies early in flowering carries the hermie gene..that means the seeds will have that gene too. Feminized seeds are made by stressing a female to hermie which is different than a plant that hermies early in flowering.

If you ever see pollen pods  on a female early in your grow yank it immediately..if not you could have some seedy ass bud

17. I understand, thanks for clarifying on the hermie/feminzed seed thought. It makes more sense when you explain it that way...