Male plant help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doombug, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Can I do anything at all with a male plant? this is my first and only plant, and it seems to be male. (it has long stems out of the nodes, with little mourning star(mace) shaped ends at the very tip of each grow tip, and little pod shaped things.)
    I don't want the last 3 months to be a complete waste...

2. Sorry man, but males are good for one thing and one thing only. Pollination. Wow, that sounds kinda feminist doesn't it?

3. I can't smoke it for a little buzz, or make the whole thing into hash butter?

4. I know this is very bad news, but you have to understand the odds if only one plant is germinated and taken care of throughout the season. Always start many plants as you can (rule of thumb). At least twice as many than you need or want, so this sort of thing doesn't happen to you again. I know this stings but its all a part of learning the ropes. You will continue to mess up as well as continue to learn, I promise.

5. #5 doombug, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    I realized the odds before I planted it, and I don't have enough room to germinate more than 1 plant at a time. but now I at least know how to read the signs of gender much better, I'll only waste 2 instead of 4 months. also, isn't it a larger probobility that a single plant will be male? (or hermi)

Also, I am going to use a screen to account for the unusually low growing space. I only have 2.5 feet to work with( and a light that takes up nearly no space) so I will try to use a screen to keep it from reaching the top.