Male plant from feminized seeds ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gefell, Dec 11, 2013.

1. #1 Gefell, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    This is my second grow, didn't stress the plant or anything and seed was from reputable seed bank and supposed to be feminized. Does this just happen sometimes ?

Pics for reference.
    [​IMG]

.[​IMG]0
    [​IMG]

2. its not a guarantee it going to female maybe a bad batch? could be a Hermie you see any hairs with the seeds?

3. #3 Hypoxic, Dec 11, 2013
    You cannot get a true male from a real feminized seed.

You can get female or a female that goes hermie from stress or poor genetics.

There is no male genes in the process of making feminized seeds so they lack the Y chromosome.

So you got a non fem seed or a fem seed that went hermie.

4. or the place could of mixed up your seeds and gave you a reg instead of a fem seed

5. Feminized Seeds Problems 
    Over the years, the feminization technique has been refined and perfected until it produces a near-perfect level of success when used by an experienced breeder in a well-equipped facility. Today, high-quality feminized cannabis seeds provide even the most inexperienced end-user with professional results.
    On rare occasions, feminized marijuana seeds may fail to germinate or succumb to health problems just like the best regular bean, but this isn't what people mean when they mention feminized seeds problems. The number one concern is hermaphrodites.

Hermaphroditism - The Biggest of all Feminized Seeds Problems
    Every cannabis seeds has the potential to become a hermaphrodite, a plant that has both male and female sex organs. Mother nature gifted these very special plants with this survival mechanism to reduce the chance that this breed would ever completely die off.
    When a cannabis plant senses that it may face eminent extinction, it may transform into a hermaphrodite so that it can self-pollinate and reproduce even if it is the last plant standing. In most cases, female plants make this transformation, but males can do the same thing.
    Today's feminized marijuana seeds still have this ability, but we're seeing fewer hermaphrodites every year. As the feminization programs evolved, it didn't take savvy breeders long to realize that the parent strains passed this unwanted trait down to their offspring. By eliminating specific genetics from the breeding pool, hermaphroditism has been practically bred out of the most popular brands.
    To cut to the chase, hermaphroditism will always be a possibility with any cannabis seed, but Feminized Seeds created in recent years have reduced this risk so that it's virtually non-existent.
    In fact, most experts agree that if you do find a hermaphrodite in your collection, it's probably your fault. Either of the following mistakes can stress a plant to the point it switches gender:
    Temperatures that are too high or too low
    Wild PH fluctuations
    Light leaks
    Over-fertilization
    Exposure to plant hormones
    Improper Watering

What Happens if I Get a Hermaphrodite?
    If you happen to get a hermie, all is not lost. In many cases, people don't even know they have one. When the female transforms, it will develop very tiny, banana-like pollen sacks that may be located right on the bud. They're really hard to see, and you'll probably never notice if you're not looking for them.
    In many cases, the pollen is sterile and no harm is done. Otherwise, the fertile pollen is considered female and it will probably pollinate every other plant in the grow area. Although you can still use the finished product, this effectively ruins your lovely seedless crop. But, the resulting seeds will be considered 100% feminized so all is not lost!

Stability - The Solution to Feminized Seeds Problems
    We've all seen that golden word, but have you ever thought about what it means? It's usually paired with terms like reliable and dependable, so it's easy to think stability just means the feminized marijuana seed has a very high chance of turning out as it should.
    That's true, but it's not a precise answer. Stability refers to how much stress you can put a feminized seed through before it decides to go rogue. The very best feminized cannabis seeds are considered to be highly stable meaning that you can throw all kinds of environmental stress at them without triggering a gender change. When shopping for a high-grade seed, this should always be at the top of your must-have list!

The Truth About Feminized Seeds
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/node/394

Regular vs. Feminized Seed Showdown
    http://www.hightimes.com/read/regular-vs-feminized-seed-showdown

6. OP did u go back to your order and make sure you did not accidentally click on the reg. version of the seed?

7. I checked and I ordered feminized seeds. Ill look over the whole pant an take some more pics to see if maybe its a hermi !

8. Can you provide the details of your grow? Medium, light, tent or room?, temps/humidity, etc...

Any issues with light leaks during flower?

9. Bubble bucket, 3x3 tent in a dark room, 400w , air cooled to 70 with 40-50% humidity. No light leaks . Im just gonna chalk it up to bad seed and start another grow, I cant find anything that looks female on it so will chop it tonight and start some northern lights I have !

10. Sorry dude. I'd put my money on whoever sold ya the seed mixing it up. Where'd that seed come from?

Call them or e mail them and have them make it right. you got the wrong seed.

Whenever I see someone post  "light leak" I have an issue with that. Its bad genetics not a "light leak". My plants dont give a fuck about a little light now and then. Plants grown outdoors are not in total darkness. Thats just a partial myth growers like to repeat again and again.

12. #12 Hypoxic, Dec 11, 2013
    By light leaks I'm talking prolonged light during their downtime. Such as growers who run their lights at night. Those plants need darkness during the day and if the tent or room is not light proof you are gonna have issues because daytime intensity light is gonna be making it's way into them.

I see, lots of people down south probably run lights at night to negate heat. I kind of forget not everyone lives where its cooler.
    Even my basement would be too bright in the day if I ran lights at night.
    I try to follow a 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM in my room. any other way would mess me up watering and using the room to do laundry and get to the meat freezer.

14. Same except I'm lucky to have an interior basement room to use. I have to use a heater now at night if I didn't want to run lights at night. But yeah for nighttime light schedules you could really get fucked if you had a light leak during our daytime but the plants nighttime. Just to be safe personally I just got a green spectrum led flashlight for anytime I have to go in there at night, plants do not use green spectrum so they're blind to it. Better safe than sorry is what I live by lol.

15. Almost every plant I have is autoflowering too so I never care if they get lights on after dark. Those damn thing show sex at 30 days and start flowering, there is no veg cycle with the ones I bred. I never grown a hemri out of hundreds of plants over 30 years. I must just be lucky.
    The few seeds I found in my current grow are from a damn male that slipped by, about a 4 incher in full bloom. Its kind of bad that a male can SLIP by, maybe I grow too many plants in my sea of green method. LOL

Now I have some good seeds from Amsterdam up and growing I will need to be a bit more careful.