Male or herm?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jonesn51404, Nov 9, 2020.

1. From what I gathered this is either male or a herm. Just started showing the balls and I want to be sure of the sex before I cull it. IMG_2173.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Thought so well the other 3 sho no signs of male anatomy yet. IMG_2175.JPG IMG_2174.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. That your 3 other plants have not announced their sex yet is a good thing! Males always show first and are usually the tallest plants.

Also, males are NOT "just hemp"! Males (depending on their genetics) can be just as potent as their sisters, but are usually a bit less potent.

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops."

From “Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco”
    Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco - PubMed

I'd dry the leaves, decarb them and fill one of my pipes (I don't like smoking paper)- sometimes you get a pleasant little surprise! :GettingStoned: No, it won't be a very strong high- your male plant is immature, but THC can be detected in plants less than a month old. The little "buzz" you'll get is a preview of the potency of your girls.

At the very least, you end up with a "better than tobacco" filler for your blunts, or stretching those last buds when you are getting low on cannabis.

FYI - the hippies (remember them?) smoked pot that was half leaves and got high. :smoking: I know, I was one of them.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2