male or female....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by samantha420, Jul 20, 2004.

1. I am new to growing and would like to know is this male or female....

It needs to be transplanted and if it is male i wont bother with it,... cause i already have a big male i am letting grow for cannabutter and hash haven't decided yet... but if you could tell me what i have here i would appreciate it...

Blaze On
    samantha420

Attached Files:

2. You can't tell yet. Look at the top 4 nodes and search for little balls or white hairs. Balls = guy, hair = girl. Pretty straight forward. There is a pretty good guide on this in overgrow, look in the top articles.

3. I tried to get the top of the plant... the pic this morning was outside... but i have it on 12 and 12 inside... so this on is take inside...

but i dont see balls or hair....

and where is the section overgrow?

thanks

blazed
    samantha420

Attached Files:

4. Looks like a girl to me! :)

5. Plants usually don't show sex until around 15 days into 12/12. Sometimes longer.

I don't see any signs of sex yet on that plant.

6. Then what are these?

Attached Files:

7. Those aren't female pistillate. The top circled things are called stipule. The bottom 2 circles look to be a combination of both stipule and new growth.

Female pistils will be smaller, white, and harder to see.

The middle circle does look like it may have preflowers, but i'm not sure.

8. So should i go ahead and repot it... it needs it bad...

9. It would hurt it at all. I would add some P shit such as bone meal for it though if you are already into flowering. Give it a week and with a magnifying glass you should know. Or give it a bit longer then that and you will know reguardless :).

10. If you want to repot you can. What size container is it in now?

11. My thoughts exactly. I'd repot that thing, if it turns out it's a male you can always get rid of it later.

12. well last night just about and hour before its bedtime i repotted it...

this plant was in very little soil mostly sand, it come up in this flower pot that i had thrown a bunch of seeds in...when i was planting seeds in another area. I noticed that is was in there and was just barely making it, i threw a little more dirt in and watered it when watering the yard... didnt think it would do anything well i notice that is was struggling to stay perky so i watered it good and brought it in and started messing with it ...

It seems to be very happy now... I will take a pic of it in a day or two ...so you can see it ...

I dont have a grow room .. I just have it in a spare room and got a 120 grow light on it and a fan in the room to keep the air moving and plant strong....

should i do anything speical to help it.....I did notice that when i brought it in ... it seemed to lose alot of the smell....

someone told me i need to smoke with it... but thought they were pulling my leg...

thanks for all the comments...

wake and baked
    samantha420

13. Don't smoke with it. Smoking with it could make it sick... but will most likely just be bad for it.

14. well i still cant tell .........what do you think i still dont see any balls ....

i was think about putting it back outside since i dont have a growroom.... what do you think ...

it is growning and seems to be doing ok... but i think it liked it outstide...

samantha420

Attached Files:

15. hey samantha....do you think you can get me a close up shot of one of the top circled parts of the plant? Like a good clear closeup of one of the top nodes? That last pic is way too blurry.

Also, how many days have you had it in 12/12?

16. Well i brought in and put in under light 7 days ago...

I tried to get a better pic but my batteries went dead so nope i counldnt get another pic...

I will try later..

thanks

samantha420

17. Oh, well 7 days isn't very long in 12/12. My last crop of Bubblegum took a good 15 days in 12/12 before they showed sex. But then, some show when they are still in veg. You'll know real soon. :)

18. I just wanted to say thanks... I put it back outside this morning .. it started outside so i thought i will just let it do it own thing...in the mean time i am working on a grow space.. cause i have a couple of seeds that sproted today... so... I will do these inside..

I will let you know how it goes..

samantha420

19. just give it a week more under 12/12, maybe by then u can see the sex...

20. here a famale plant... females will have white pistols....

Attached Files:

• bmpf.jpg
      bmpf.jpg
      File size:
      62.5 KB
      Views: