Male or Female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Raiden123, Jun 8, 2009.

1. I know most people want to grow female plants, males still produce bud right? I'm a bit ignorant about it and I plan to be ordering some seeds soon, so please help me out lol

2. No! Male plants produce seeds only. Female plants produce you the buds. You can have a female plants with seeds though if it is pollinated by a male. Ultimately you want an unpollinated female which is called Sensemilla. Good Luck.

3. Cool, thanks for the info. So when ordering seeds, when choosing between regular or feminized, if i choose regular then there's a good chance that the plants won't produce bud?

4. how long does it take to know male or female? if anyone wants, they can check out my current pics on my grow journal and see if they have an idea of how much longer ill know

5. :(

Male plants produce pollen, female plants the desired buds.

6. Did i just read that only male plants produce seeds? On a weed forum? Hmmm, someone get this kid a growers bible. Male plants DO NOT make seeds, they make pollen that floats over to the female plants and gets hits the pistils (the white hairs) at which point it travels down and into the ovuole and fertilizes it. Thats were babys, err, seeds come from. Good talk

7. Go and read before you even BEGIN to try to advise others. Total IDIOT.

8. Thanks everyone, I thought it was something more like that. :)

9. I was ready to criticize the "males produce seeds" comment, but I think from the rest of his post you can tell he does understand how things work. I think he either used the word "seeds" instead of "pollen" by mistake or else was shortcutting, saying that males make pollen which pollinates females which produces seeds, thus males "cause" seeds. I'm not condoning the remark, just wonder if we should cut the guy a little slack.

Actually, males do produce "bud" -- in the sense that the word bud means flower and it's true that males produce their own type of flower. But also true that males produce no smokable bud, the kind that counts.

10. Yea he got it but just didn't express himself very well. + rep to you raiden for geting called an idiot and keeping your cool.

11. actually jw1220 got called an idiot. lol

12. #12 puff, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    Well since I just got out of the hospital for a bone infection and am hopped up on vicodin and my normal mj I will take the unprecedented step and cut myself some slack tonight. I still agree with toasty and say it was just bad wording and give yet another + rep to jw1220 because at this point who really cares. Unless u do and then isn't it really just too bad 4 u.

Peace to all