Male or female?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BrianR32GTR, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Just wondering what you guys think. Had some regular seeds I planted.. based on how it was growing I totally though female but when I was messing around with the plant today it looks like its growing Male parts lol. Is it female or Male? Or possible hermy? 20190721_101607.jpg 20190721_101555.jpg 20190721_101626.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Also to make mention, All my other plants have had preflowers / pistils for quite a few weeks now. Small hairs so were easy to sex. This one I figured was female based on it being somewhat bushy.. but now I'm lost.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They appear to me to be calyxes.
    It is a day or two early to say for sure... methinks.
    Maybe hours.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tis a male I'm afraid. It's safe to let it go for a few more days. Watch the development and you'll have a better idea what to look for next time

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I lean to a male hiding in broad light. Sneaky bastards will lie there lurking and bam. Pollen everywhere.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I'm running into same issue if you find out plz let me know

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I cant tell for mine.. on this 1 plant. But my other plant not shown on here has pistils... 1563890593365.jpg 1563890489384.jpg 1563804254802.jpg 1563804264549.jpg received_714877082280251.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Tell me how you can tell, please.

9. The little spade shaped thing growing from the node. If it was a female there would be a pistil (hair) growing from that same spot

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks.
    I can’t TELL until I see a pistil or a pendant flower bud.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I ended up finding a second Male... cut both down yesterday. Sad because they were growing to a nice shape as well which was strange...

12. Some females will have preflower pistils (the green sac where seed develops) without stigmas (the "white hairs" that pollen seeds). Later on that pistil may exude stigma or not. The pistil is teardrop shaped more so than the spade shaped male preflower. So don't toss a female just because you don't see "hairs" yet.

Also I see a lot of threads confusing the stipules for female "hairs". Males and females have stipules.

13. id prob wait a bit longer in case unless you need room for a plant count or just room in general

however i think its male