Male or female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jonnybass07, Jan 12, 2018.

1. This is a feminized Northern Lights that is 53 days old and I have switchez to flower 4 days ago. This picture is newer growth. To me it looks like a male. Can the new growth look like a male or possibly a hermie? Will break my heart if it's not a female. I don't see anything that looks like this on the lower growth.

Attached Files:

2. It's a male. Them are balls.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. So much for buying feminized seeds

4. Which seed bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. In am growing their WW now..The package sucked (paper) and I lost 1 seed as I opened it.
    So far she (feminized ) is very slow to grow..dropped 3 others, not from Seedsman and all are 3-4 times the size..

6. I have a WW right beside it. Slow grow and short and bushy but she is female. Here's a pic of the ww to be sure. So the nl is a definite? Should I go ahead and chunk it out?

Attached Files:

7. I have a similar quandary with a few regulars I am growing..2 def females and 2 I think are males..took 7 weeks in veg to even show..I took the "males" away from the light but will let them live until I am sure..I really need the room too..
    I never grow regulars, but Greenpoint seeds uses Stardawg in most it their crosses, and I wanted some; (SEEDS WERE VERY VIABLE TOO). Got a bunch at the holiday sales this year)

8. I have been watching the balls to be sure it was a male and it is day 9 of flower and I noticed a pistol coming out of one of the balls. So could this possibly still be a female or is it a hermie?

Attached Files:

9. Day 12 of flower. I have been waiting for the oldest sacks to drop pollen but all the older ones are dropping pistils. No pollen anywhere. Anyone know what's going on here?

Attached Files:

10. Huh... I could have sworn from the earlier photos that it was a male as those definitely looked like pollen sacs, but if she's producing bud sites and pistil hairs then it might be a hermaphrodite? Were there any stressful conditions when it was growing that would cause it to herm on you?

Attached Files:

11. Definitely a hermie. A weird one but definitely one.

12. You mean you don't want your ladies to have balls?
    [​IMG]

13. Wow, the magnification on those pics is awesome!!!! You have a very steady hand! I, personally have never, with my own eyes, seen a male plant nor a hermaphrodite. But, if I was to venture a guess, looks like a super magnification of the female flower just opening up. :confused_2:

14. I confused. Every picture I see of a male pollen sack looks like what I have but a pistol pops out. I guess I have to wait and see what happens.

15. It's definitely unique. The pistils are actually popping out of the pollen sacks, if you look up a pollen banana you will see those open "calyxes" are actually split pollen sacks.

The plant is trying to make calyxes but instead is making male sacks. The big tell is that a calyx will always be flush with the plant, the male pollen sacks will always have a little foot or stem raising them from the plant.

I'm absolutely certain this is a hermie and if you have any other plants, you are risking pollination.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I believe you Azz. In 5 yrs, I haven't had 1 hermie, so, I'm going to shut now before I get one. :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. You likely won't see one if you buy decent genetics.

Most growers here use bagseed which is a massive crap chute and they perpetuate garbage genetics.

Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. This is a feminized nl from seedsman

19. I've seen a lot of complaints about Seedsman WW and to be honest I don't have a high opinion on their genetics.

• Like Like x 1