male or female?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gatorglue, Mar 24, 2012.

1. It should start showing anyday now as long as you have no light leaks in you flower room and they get complete dark

2. there shouldn't be any leaks. there may have been for the first 2 or 3 days, but i fixed it. so it has been almost 2 complete weeks without a leak (and i'm not positive that there was one to begin with).

3. Then you should be fine then, just give her time

4. Patience is a virtue. Stop fucking with it and just wait. No point in stressing at any point, it will be male, female, or hermie regardless. Wait til it shows you its sex.

5. If you only have one hermie, you could always just be vigilant with it and cut off all of the new ball sacks (takes a day or two for the pollen to drop) until you have enough redeemable buds to harvest.

6. i checked again tonight, and i definitely see about 2 sets of pistils, so it is definitely not completely male. just not sure yet it if it is a hermie. haven't seen any pollen sacs yet though, so that is promising.

7. It's too soon to tell, and pic 6 is leaf shoots.

PW

8. well, there are more pistils, so i'm pretty sure i have a girl. i'll take some pictures in a few days when there are more pistils.

9. Congrats hope she turns out a beauty

10. I hear what youre saying, but under a 600w hps the balls develop too quickly to remove all of them, at least for me. I always ended up with what i thought would be buds but turned out to be seeds later. Now i just grow my own seeds, pick out males and the plants get their own room. So no light leak problems.

11. Oh, that's interesting, I didn't account for that.

I've only ever had outdoor grows, so the pollen sacs on my plants didn't suddenly sprout up out of nowhere, I almost did a double-take on my hermi cause I didn't believe it myself, but natural hermaphrodites are definitely possible.

Seeing an open pollen sac is probably the deepest sinking feeling I've ever experienced in my life. I blew it way out of proportion though, as I only ended up with like 50 something seeds from the one plant that pollinated itself at the very end of its cycle. The most peculiar thing about it was that the plant adjacent to this plant got pollinated, but after smoking almost all of the buds I have only ever found one seed, and it was from trimming up the main cola more than a year ago.

12. idk if i should start a new thread, or if you guys could help me, but my plant is starting to get "claw leafs" at the top. does anybody know what is causing this and/or how to fix it? i just tried searching a little bit and some people said it was either over watering or too much nitrogen. i also saw that someone said i could put some sugar in with my plain water and it would bind to the nitrogen and help get it out if that is it. anybody know about that? and i don't think it is over watering because i only water maybe once a week unless it feels especially dry. it could be too much nitrogen, because sometimes i forget when i use fert and when i use plain water, so i may have used fertilizer too often. but i have been using flowering fertilizer that is 15-30-15, so it isn't quite as high in nitrogen. it could have built up over the veg period though.

13. i have a few pictures now. a couple have the leaves turning in. it's only on the new growth at the top, though.

Attached Files:

14. anybody have any idea what would be causing her leaves to do that?

15. Either a water absorption problem or it could be too much heat. There was another thread were a plant started to shrink like that as it had too much heat exposure from the lights. Give plenty of water and see how the plant develops over the next days. Not enough water or too many nutrients can cause the plant to not absorb sufficient H20. If your plant is too hot from the wasted energy of the inefficient light system you should move the light source further away from the plant.