male or female? that is the question..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnnyappleweed, Jul 19, 2004.

1. How do you tell if it is a male or female? this i am really confused on. and is there any way to tell what kind of weed you are growing if you dont?

2. You can tell if it's male or female by the pre-flower growth created after about 4-5 weeks of vegitation. On the nodes you can see hair like growth for females, and ball like growth for males.

3. thanks swaenK!! but isthere any way i can tell what kind of weed i am growing?

4. indicas grow short and wide with broad leaves while sativas are tall and more lanky looking with skinny fingers on the leaves

im curious swaenk do you have any pics of male nodes? i have reason to belief my plant may be hermi and if so i need to know what parts to remove

5. If your plant is both a male and female, there's nothing you can do about it. Removing the balls off just makes it unable to reproduce.

6. and is good to prevent it from creating seeds too iirc thats what would be worth preventing it for