Male or Female? That is my question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ej22, Apr 12, 2009.

1. I have 10 plants that I started from seeds. All the plants are about the same size. They are about 9 weeks old now and have been under 24 hour light. reading "Marijuana Horticulture The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible" It says that they start to show preflowers between the branch internodes. A few of the plants show life there but one of them has started out like another branch and leaves. Not every internode has signs and on the other side of the new branch there is nothing. HELP PLEASE.:confused:

Attached Files:

2. IMO it is still too early to tell. I would say at least a couple days. Gotta keep a sharp eye out for pistils.

3. I dont know what imo means. I was wondering about the Third branch growing from where the book said the preflowers shold be. whats with a branch not a little preflower?

4. IMO=In my opinion i can only help this much :p

5. The pre-flowers will show, patience is a virtue! ha But you should be happy that branch popped out there, more bud spots, assuming she is a girl! lol
    Well good luck man, looks nice! keep us updated!

6. yep def no pre flowers yet, but you need to take a little bit of a better pic of it. Look in my photo gallery and youll see what i mean. When my plant was pre-flowering

7. yep, looks like it needs a few more days. Let us know what your genders are!

8. I just changed the light from 24 to 18 I heard this will help them show.? looking this morning the other 3 plants that had the little nubs have grown into branches.

9. I did the same thing, you just gotta wait. Eventually there gonna show up.

10. If you want' them to show faster, try a 24 hr dark period then 12/12 until you sex them all. It's easier than waiting around,

Also, I tend to see sex organs appear first on the top of the plant, then it slowly begins to spread down the plant.