Male or Female Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mr.NiceGuy, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Hi, i'm new to growing just started like 2 weeks ago i have 5 plastic cups with 4 regs bag seeds and 1 dro beaner. I put them into a germination pouch and they opened up nicely, put them with potting soil in the cups and its been about 3 days now 1 has sprouted through the dirt the others are on there way i hope. Anyway i plan on putting them in buckets when they get taller. This comes to my first question what height should i switch them to buckets?

Second question how do you know what sex your plant is? and also is there anyway you can control what sex the plant comes out as? Also any other tips on growing outdoors would be much appreciated.

Thank You

2. I would transplant them as soon as you are able to tell the sex of your plant. That can be any where from 7 to 8 weeks of germentation. A female has white little hairs located on the second or third set of leaves and a male has little green balls in the same location. I would keep the females and toss the males.

Make sure when you transplant them that you put one plant per bucket and a big enough bucket that you don't have to do it again. 7.5 gallon or 10 gallond should be enough for each one.

Good luck growing.'Hope I have been some help to you.

3. Thanks helped alot.

4. you cannot control the sex of a plant but if you cause stress to plants they can turn out male. so as little contact with the plant as possible will help prevent this. also overwatering and underwatering can stress the plant etc etc

5. the males usally grow balls that are easy to find. look it up on google

6. At the branch of mine there are tiny green needle kind-athings sticking out. Are these female pistils?

7. no they are not. i cant remember the name for them and i cant be assed looking it up but they are found on male and female plants alike.

8. k heres some info for you from my experience,

those cups u got are probably small, and should not be used until sex, which would be at about 2 ft. put them in there naturaly large pots right away, they will love the room to grow, small pots or cups can cause rootbound plants, and stunt growth. the sex is very easy to tell, after about 2 ft of growth the plant will mature and finally show signs of sex, on males look for small clustered sacs, and females you'll see white pistils. use organic soil, and fertilizer with 20/20/20 npk twice a week.