MALE OR FEMALE new pic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SECNEEK, Apr 10, 2003.

1. male or female

Attached Files:

2. hard to tell...can ya get a closer shot?

3. OW!
    You made me hurt my eyes straing to see that tiny pic.

4. sorry about the PIC is this better?

Attached Files:

5. if you give the plant extra extra attention...it will be a female for sure...but if it gets strained...it will turn on ya....it looks like a female...but wait about another week and post some more pics....

6. looks like a female flower starting:)

7. SECNEEK I moved your other pic here.

8. That looks like a secondary stem starting off to me. See the color of the leves and the tight spacing between nodes. i think you still need a little more time before sexing.

9. Thanks for moving that Picture, im new to this Forum posting stuff... this is my 1st time growing and im trying to learn as much as possible be for i make my next move. Thanks for the Advice and Input.. But can somone explain what a Node is? I have an idea as to what it is, but a little more explanation would help a bit.. Im guessing its where the stem splits? Anways yea ill give it more time be 4 sexing, its growing slow because of conditions it has been in.. A friend watched it for a week wile i was outta town and i dont think he kept light on it 24 hours like he should have.. He kept it outside. Now i have it under control, in a tempature controled room. at 72dg.

10. ...you can't tell a plants sex until you induce flowering(12on, 120ff lighting period).

11. ...clone the plant. and place clones in dark room for two or three days. Then put them into a twelve hour cycle.
    the first sign of sex is the pistils. two mean female, one means male.

12. when should i clone it? when i know its a female?

13. he means to clone it and force flowering of the clone to identify if the mother plant is infact female......it's like an early detection system.....other ways are to cover the end of a branch with a black bag for 12 hours a day and only that branch will show you the sex of the whole plant......i'd wait a while before trying to clone, if this is your first grow......Peace out......Sid

14. CANNABIS anatomy 101.

the axil is a growth point. its not necessarily sexual in nature. its just another place where leaves, shoot and flowers may come out of...it is what makes a plant bushy. when u prune the top of the plant...this is where the new growth comes from.

the stipule is a structure that is formed on the node of a plant. it is not sexual in nature. there are many functions for different plants to use stipules, like roses use them for thorns and some other plants they grow very large and are used for protection of newly formed buds and flowers. but in weeds case they are just there for evolutionary reasons and dont offer any known function. THEY CANNOT BE USED TO SEX PLANTS. they are not pre-flowers. in weed, there are 2 stipule structures on each side of the node. so on each node where there will be an axil bud...there are 4 stuctures that are called stipules.

hope this will clear up some confusion.

Attached Files:

15. wOW, THANKS FOR THAT study in plants.. im glad to know there are people like you that know what they are talking about.. but i still give thanks to the people who tried to help out the help is working and comming in handy. thank you. ill keep u posted on what she or He is starting to look like...

16. hey bud, got a question or two for you about ur plants...

1. What strain if u know
    2. how old are they
    3. what type of lights are you using?

just curious... im a beginner to

17. ok for ur question...

1. What strain,, NO IDEA, picked the only seed out from a good bag of pot i got from a friend.. paid 40$ an 8th for the smoke.. well worth the money.. but i would rather grow the shit this time..and save those 40$ and use it on somthing else..

2. How old are they.. Well there is only 1. And i once again NO IDEA how old the plant is.. It looks like its almost 2 months old.i dont remember when i planted it. cause when i did i left it outside for a long ass time and when i saw it again i totaly forgot that i planted it.. But an expert would have to come to that conclusion.. i hope the plant turns out to be a bitch..

3.. What kinda light am i using... Well i had to go ghetto for a wile with a 75w light bulb i got from my bathroom THEY DO WORK, i dont care what anyone says. cause my plant got big cause of that damn light bulb..But then i found a 20w "GRO-FLUX" light i used for my Iguana tank a wile back... now im gonna get some more Floro lights for her so she can get the size i want, then some High Pressure Sodium lights to flower the bitch.. if it turns into one...

18. For those that don't know...
    1. Female produce flowers, male produce pollen sacks.
    2. Female grow squat, male grow tall
    In nature, male plants get blown around and pollen gets blown down onto female flowers. Sexual propogation.

All plants have those little green spurs. If you ever looked at a flowering female marijuana plant you'd notice two small fuzzy hairs called pistils. A marijauna pussy.They catch the pollen and make seeds. Males only have one pistil. A marijauna dick...dick.

19. For those that don't know...
    1. Female produce flowers, male produce pollen sacks.
    2. Female grow squat, male grow tall
    In nature, male plants get blown around and pollen gets blown down onto female flowers. Sexual propogation.

All plants have those little green spurs. If you ever looked at a flowering female marijuana plant you'd notice two small fuzzy hairs called pistils. A marijauna pussy.They catch the pollen and make seeds. Males only have one pistil. A marijauna dick...dick.

ummm...well

females produce female flowers that turn into colas and males produce male flowers that produce pollin.

males typically grow shorter and less bio-mass. females grow much larger with much more bio-mass. then when they bud...they grow even bigger.

those little green 'spurs' are called stipules.

males dont have a pistil but a stamen. pistils are only female.

20. i got a better idea, how about when im ready to flower the plant, i just take it outside and leave it there? would that work? im sayin 12 hours of sun and 12 hours of night everyday for a month month n a half?