Male or Female?? NEED HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DrewTang, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Just give it some more time. No real sign yet. Males typically show before females and they tend to grow larger faster. However, you dont have multiple plants for comparison. An option you do have is to cut a branch off, stick it in a glass of water and put it in a 12 or 10 hour light cycle. It should show in a few days. But with only one plant i would just let it grow and hope for the best.

Pre flowers typically show before light cycle change and with my experience it occurs around the 5th to 7th node.

A female will be very easy to tell because they will be more elongated (oval like) and have a white pistal coming from the top. Where as males are more round and you obviously will not see a white pistal.

Also, it appears as your lower leaves have some nutrient burn. I would feed less nutrients before the burn gets out of control.

2. Dam thought I saw pistils too, only time will tel

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Pretty sure this thing just identified itself over the past two nights. Can anyone verify that the two white hairs here is the pistil?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yep, you've got a female!

• Like Like x 1
  5. i dunno man, take another pic or two please

6. Awesome! I was thinking so, just wanted to make sure with you guys who are more experienced

7. Give it a zoom in

Attached Files:

8. definitely female... gratz

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fuck yeah. Thanks for the verification boys!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey guys, little update on this girl. I'm at about two weeks into flower, I've included some pictures and am interested in what your guys opinions are on it, how it looks, etc. I got some fan leaves on the lower part of this plant that appear to be dying. Should I pull those off or leave them for longer? Also, this seed was a mystery seed so I have no clue what it is, from the size of the leaves and how tall this thing is, I'm assuming it is a sativa, atleast a sativa dominant. If any of you more experienced growers can confirm the strain from the looks, and even what type of plant it may be, that'd be awesome! I'm thinking it may be a haze or a diesel, but I'm not sure. Anyways, this thing is pretty damn big man, about 3 1/2 ft tall at the moment with a ton of budding sites it looks. It's about completely taking up my tent, and the main colas is so tall, with my lighting I don't think it's getting the proper lighting which kinda sucks, but I think it will be fine. I got some pictures attached, give them a look, your opinions are encouraged! Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

11. One more thing I forgot to note about this plant, it does not smell at all. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, or if it just has to do with the type of seed it is. Just figured I'd note that as well

12. Are you talking it smelling?

13. Depending on the strain, week two you won't smell much but it keeps increasing to around week 4-5 it's smelling pungent.

14. Having some leave issues, can anyone tell me what the deficiency is here? And what to do about it? Please and thanks!

Attached Files:

15. Hey this is my first post and I just joined. Check post #21 at the bottom. During that time you got real excited about determining the sex you might have overlooked what SmokeyTheBear24 said in the bottom paragraph.

Congrats on your progress so far. Can you share pictures of your lighting setup. I’m currently using CFL’s and I’m curious about your setup and growing area.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Have you looked closely at the under sides of those leaves ? Those spots look damn close to spider mite damage.
    HOPE IT'S NOT !!!