male or female clone?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by greenthumb412, Dec 8, 2014.

1. This is a 10 day old clone and its my first cloning of a plant for gender.  I waited 5 days till roots in rockwool then to the container w coco.  so about 15days total. I see the v shaped things but idk if its white or just the "node" I don't see any balls I don't think. 
    can anyone helpins? IMG_20141207_185344_017.jpg IMG_20141207_185351_966.jpg IMG_20141203_163552_221.jpg :huh:

2. :confused_2: why not just wait until the plant naturally pre-flowers?

I don't see any evidence of either sex. How long has it been on 12/12? And how long since the original seed sprouted? 

4. IMG_20141122_185016_572.jpg 11-12 days so far.  the mother is 3months from seed so.  idk if it is because it isn't getting as much light (on the floor, no room xD) or just late bloomer.  my guess is female so far. here is a pic of mom. so I don't have any better pics lol. huge number of tops and lots of leaves.  I think lots of leaves is a good thing tho, meaning more likely to be female.  Ill leave it in there till apparent I supposes

5. I don't think leaf count is any indication, but late flowering is. I find on average males tend to show flowers a couple of days earlier than females. But it's still common for early females to beat late males. I would expect you to see signs within a day or two. Is it noticeably growing day by day? Fast growing plants show sex faster. Kinda obvious when you think about it I guess lol. Are you able to give it it's own light? A standard 20w CFL positioned really close will max out it's lighting requirements at this stage