Male or Female? 4th Day Flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hexum, May 9, 2010.

1. Greetings, everyone! I recently posted about my one plant, 600w 6-gallon drip system setup. Luckily I live in Northern Cali, so I am exercising my delightful medicinal rights!

I noticed today, which is only the fourth day I have switched my dual-600w Lumatek ballast to the HPS bulb from MH, swapped the 6-gallon drip system's nutrients for Bloom, and placed the timers to 12/12.

The first appearance has happened on a few of the node sets. I was discouraged that they might be male, but I am hoping that at this very first sign of growth at just day four is not enough yet to make a determination. I really was hoping that this seed would turn out, obviously, since I only have one plant that has been in veg for about 5 weeks and has had some very intense growth without hardly any vertical stretching. I've attached some of these initial flowering pictures to see what you think, and to ask if all plants appear this way at day four of the flowering stage. If it's a male I am out of a lot of time, care, and money!

Thanks for the help! I've tried to take as good of pictures as I can, so I hope that some of them can help you decide if it is time to throw in the towel on this operation. I had my seeds mixed up, and one was Feminized Rocklock and the other was Reg Power Kush, and Power Kush is 50/50 Indica-Sativa, whereas Rocklock is 80/20. I was guessing that this was the Rocklock due to the very compact and bushy build of the plant, however Attitude says that both strains are Medium height.

Wish me luck! :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Your guess is as good as ours at this point. There are no preflowers yet. :)

3. Correct - there are no signs of sex yet. Often times it takes a minimum of two weeks after the 12/12 switch to see signs of sex.

4. Well, thank god. The third picture in is the best example. The growth almost appears to have a hair coming from it. Wasn't sure if it was too early to call. Thanks, now at least I can be happy for a while longer! :D

5. Now that you mention it, I will give it to you. There does appear to be a tiny lil preflower there. It is still too hard to tell with the pic.