Male Isolation Chamber (Pollen Collection)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Dewave, Mar 4, 2009.

1. I'm thinking about making this for making some fem seeds

2. Fantastic. Great for the stray herm, too.

3. O yeah good idea. I'd like to get into breeding. This is going to be a must for me

4. It is really fun my friend you should start!! :)
    I just did by accident but its on its way.

• Funny Funny x 1

5. its like plant abortion

6. I am currently using a trash can as a male Isolation chamber. It has it's own 42 watt CFL and I used your filter like you did in here. Sides of the can are painted a matte white and I have PC fans for intake and exhaust.

7. Wow. That's awesome I didn't know water made pollin unusable that's great to know it may come in handy one day.:)

8. I like this idea too. But why not just vent it straight into your air exhaust system and get rie of it?

If you collect it how can you keep it usable?

9. Freeze it until ready for use, then use immediately when it warms up when removed from the freezer.

PW

10. Any special packaging instructions before freezing?

11. Keep as much moisture out of it as you can!

12. Next DIY project! :) would greatly benefit my girls from the 80's.

13. Starting mine today! So pumped to chuck some pollen.

HaGGard

• Like Like x 1
  14. if you got an isolation chamber you're not chucking pollen ..you're selectively breeding now.. get it right ;)

good luck MnM

15. R these seeds going to b for personal use or will there b a line(s) developed?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Great Post I will follow. I am also doing a grow for seeds I will be using colloidal silver.

17. Is it necessary to have a vent in the top of the container or would it work to just throw a male into a clear plastic container under the light?

18. #38 CL4P-TP, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    humidity kills pollen.

so I'd say its not needed, but your results will be far superior with proper ventilation.

EDIT;

the humidity doesn't make the pollen non viable immediately, but it will effect your fertilization rates if kept too high.

19. Great design love the syringe idea! Does it have two fans or one?

20. Im Getting ready to start something similar to this. I have a question In regards to the filters. If I use too big of a fan, will it pull pollen through the filter? I want to use the concept on a full blown seed production chamber so I plan on having decent lighting so I might need a decent fan to pull the heat out.

Thanks

Solo