Male Flowers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blizzt, Aug 25, 2009.

1. So, I told myself I didn't need help identifying males and females. Thought I had them down. Went into the grow room this morning to kill the males...

I first examined my female at 10 days flowering. A new set of hairs here and there. Then I looked at the males. Man they have allot of pods at the nodes. My female does not have these and they are little balls. I guess that at some point they will mature and drop down like hanging balls.

But as I look the male plants have flowers starting at the tips of each branch where new growth is forming. Not necessarily pistels but not just a new set of leaves either. I dont see great with my glasses and I didn't have time to take pics. Its dark time now.

I'll take pics in the am, but do males actually have a flower thats not just the balls? I couldn't kill 'em wanted to see what will happen. But I have no seperate space from my female.

2. I had to kill a male today and in the process of stripping it I checked out the male's tops and they were immature versions of this picture. So yes, there are the balls you described and tops of male plants.

It could be a hermie, but is it worth the risk of keeping it around to fertilize all your sensimilla?

[​IMG]

3. Yeah very similar to that but more budlike though, lots balls with it. definatly just a make. I suspect if I let it mature more it would look like yours.

Why doesn't my female flower like crazy like the males are???

Oh well, patience...