male female seeds?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by gunsforgrass, Oct 16, 2006.

1. is there a way to tell the differnece before growing? or a differnece to tell a "dead seed" to a good seed?

2. You can't detemine a plant's sex when it's just a seed. You can tell a "dead" seed from a fresh one by it's appearance. Dead seeds are usually shriveled and/or have a loss of color. Plantable seeds are usually green and don't fall apart if you apply a little pressure to them.

3. none at all, sorry

also keep in mind that nature is never an exact science and if you purchase fem seeds you may end up with an occasional male. the same principal goes for the life of the seed. you could germ/plant 10 and all ten could be strong or it could go the other way as well, and you could end up with 2 plants strong enough to go on.

4. I don't think so. Greenish or white seeds are not viable. What you want is a medium to dark brown or grey. The seed may or may not have black spots and/or stripes.

And there is nothing you can tell from the appearance of the seed about the sex or the strain.

5. ok thanks for clearing that up. but by the looks of it i have some plantable seeds right now. is there a timelimit fr keeping seeds? cause mine are just in a can

6. Wrap them in some papertowels, put them in a Ziplock freezer bag, suck the air out, and stick them in the freezer unless you're going to be using then withing a couple weeks and then you can do what I said, but stick them in the 'fridge instead. In either case, put them at the back to help prevent temp changes around them when you open the freezer/'fridge.