Male/female/preflowers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bamf1824, Dec 11, 2012.

1. This is my first plant. About 3.5 weeks in. I was wondering if these pics can tell you if it is a male or female plant and also if those are preflowers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Nah both males and females have those. Im guessing its a bagseed or a non auto, you will probably need another month till it will show its sex or you can force it by switching to 12/12

3. Its non auto. I got the seeds from the uk. Any chance this is ready to switch to 12/12?

Attached Files:

4. Some more pics. Id like to switch to 12/12 as soon as possible. Would i get a decent yield if i switched now or should i wait?

Attached Files:

5. Those are called stipules, and as quest pointed out, all plants have them.

Your plant is really stretchy. Looks like you need more light, and I would fill that bucket all the way up with soil.

You have another 3 weeks of veg at least if you want a decent yield.

6. Def needs a bit longer for veg, as said at least 3 weeks with more light. Tbh I've taken bigger cuttings :) but it's on it's way. Enjoy your grow.

7. #8 bmeat, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    you can switch whenever you want. youre growing it under the rooms ambient lighting? what strain is that? is it indica or sativa dominant?

8. As was said, your plant is really stretched. If you want any kind of decent yield you'll need a lot more light for when you flower.

9. Its a white smurf/white panther seed. Its a hybrid. I have its under a 60w light bulb from a desk lamp at the moment. I ordered a 600w hps bulb online though for when i start to flower.

10. If you switch to 12/12 right away your yield will suffer tremendously. Part of this hobby is patience. Wait it out. You will be glad you did.

11. I'll probably wait a few more weeks but out pf curiosity, can anyone guess how much it would yield now at this height?

12. An eighth is my guess. Right now you don't even have laterals to support budding.

You're still in the seedling phase, it's just a really big seedling. That tells me you need more light/your lights closer.

13. youre right, but i think he knows this already. if you spent a lot on the seed, wait it out. if you spent 10-30$, youll get your $ worth plus