Male , and female mj plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Greenbudlover, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Ive read some and I know you want a female plant. But I odnt know what to do if i get a male plants and if i can do anything with it , Is tehre a way i can higher my chacne of getting a female plant, Things I can do.

2. The only way to increase your chances for a female plant would be get feminized seeds. Which should yield 100% females. Otherwise you are just rolling dice in a genetic craps shoot. You should get near 50% females.

When you do get males you will need to extract them immediately before they end up pollinating your females. I have always just buried the males a substantial bit away from my site.

The reason you don't want males pollinating your females is because when a female marijuana plant gets pollinated it stops creating THC and starts making seeds.

3. Also when you do extract the male plants extract them very carefully try to shake them minimally to be sure not to break any of the sacs. If you catch them early enough they shouldn't have pollen in them but you never know so be careful.

4. ... word on the street is if you put your seeds and a banana peel in a ziploc, the decomp. gases will increase your seeds chance of being a female.

5. #5 champloo, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009

Yeah but be careful because of mold. I fucked up a huge batch of seeds. Ethelyn can penetrate cement walls, along with plastic and all that. So now im doing this on my diesel ryders and thai super skunk, and some bag seeds. I put a banana with a few incisions to the peel, wrapped in paper towel, inside a ziploc, which i leave opened to let air cirulate, but i roll it up and put it in a bigger plastic bag. Then i put the seeds i bought( still in their plastic container/bag to keep out mold) and the bag seeds in a metal altoids can, into the big bag next to the ziploc. Then i just leave that loosely closed.

I havent had any problems with mold doing this method, apposed to the banana peel and not the whole banana itself and inside an air tight tupperware container with the seeds exposed (thats what i did when i ruined the other seeds).

6. I know a number of us have tried banana peel this year, but the jury is still out on the results.
    I personally am of the opinion that sex is pre-determined, that is why we pay a premium for feminised seeds.

7. For future reference:

[​IMG]

8. ok so i planted two seeds with the same water cycle and all that good stuff but one is rowing leaves out of the dirt with no stem but the other has a tall stem with only a few little leaves is one of these indica and the other sativa?

9. Too soon to tell.