Making your own soil.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Izi, Feb 19, 2010.

1. I know it's obviously possible....but I saw this the other day at the store, and it was cheap and so I was curious.

Can you take peat moss and top soil, mix them together, add some ferts and be good?

Or are those two items not needed, ever used for, or will destroy my plants?

Just wondering...and what's the best ratio of peat moss to top soil...if this works.

Thanks. :cool:

2. peat moss by itself is pretty airy and does not retain a lot of moisture. For cannabis growing you need something to retain water because those plants love their nutrients.

In order to retain moisture people do hundreds of different soil compositions. Some use perlite, some use vermiculite, and some use something else.

The question your asking may make sense to you but when you learn a little bit about marijuana soil you will be amazed at how broad of a question that really is. There are so many different combination, its ridiculous.

Since it is a little hard to just pick this information up i have linked a website with some pretty good recipes and they are pretty simple as well.

Great Soil Recipes For Mixing Great Soil For Your Marijuana Plants