Making your own Peat Pellet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deadkndys, May 3, 2012.

1. So I saw a "recipe" where you can make your own peat pellets.
    How to Make Peat Pellets | eHow.com

I plan on using this when I cut some clones in the next few weeks.

Do you guys think this will be good for the cuttings?

2. It should work fine, but seems like a lot of trouble to save $3 to $5. Plus you aren't even saving that much because your still spending money on seed starter and gelatin.

3. hey man just done a bit of reading up for you about this and apparently it can take alot longer rockwool cubes are the way to go with this dude :)

4. Well I already have some seed starter mix and gelatin so I figured why not give this a shot.

5. [quote name='"deadkndys"']

Well I already have some seed starter mix and gelatin so I figured why not give this a shot.[/quote]

I hear ya, experimenting can be fun. I would try if it was bag seed. I wouldn't chance it with high dollar beans myself.

6. [quote name='"greenthumbb"']hey man just done a bit of reading up for you about this and apparently it can take alot longer rockwool cubes are the way to go with this dude :)[/quote]

From my experience peat pellets work great. I've had maybe 3 out of 50 seeds that didn't pop with pellets. There are a lot of people that like rock wool. I tried it but found it to be a pain in the ass, and didn't get any better results than peat. Its really more about what works for the individuals grow style.