Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

making your glass shine

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by StateofReverie, Dec 25, 2012.

1. just polished some of mine up, looks brand new :p love that feeling of cleaned glass haha

2. Okay, whats your question? This is tokers q and a

3. do you like to make your glass shine?????

4. [quote name='"StateofReverie"']
    do you like to make your glass shine?????[/quote]

No, i like to keep it soaked with resin so when i run out i can take hella resin hits

5. yes, a clean bong is a happy bong.

besides, why spend the money if you're not going to take care of it

EDIT: I do let my bowl get some resin build-up, but the glass changes color so it doesn't look like shit. I clean it when it tastes shitty

6. I clean my bong after almost every use. Love the taste of a clean bong

7. With iso?

8. [quote name='"Dr fumbles"']I clean my bong after almost every use. Love the taste of a clean bong[/quote]

Cleaning it every time weakens the glass, especially with iso and salt, water is prob fine though

9. how does alcohol/salt/cleaning weaken the glass?

10. Lol, it doesn't at all.. Only thing that weakens your glass is extreme and quick temperature changes, and hitting it with heavy objects/dropping it. There's a reason glass is used for chemistry, most solutions including iso don't eat away at it.

11. yea i was confused as hell because my bong is a couple years old and looks brand new when I clean it and i never notice any scratches or anything

12. [quote name='"T1S"']

Lol, it doesn't at all.. Only thing that weakens your glass is extreme and quick temperature changes, and hitting it with heavy objects/dropping it. There's a reason glass is used for chemistry, most solutions including iso don't eat away at it.[/quote]

Thats PYREX Glass, most pipes dont contain it except for a few brands

13. Yes. Idc what people say about it weakening the glass. None of my bongs have fallen apart yet from ISO and salt.

14. When I first started smoking id never clean my bong. I mean never. I wouldnt even change the water wxcept for a few times a month. Finally I got so grossed out I make it a habit to change the water before every sesh, and I douche it in salt and iso at least 2 times a week.

There is nothing better than a fresh sack of dank smoked out of freshly cleaned glass.

15. Can't beat 420 cleaner for shine
    my Sherlocks glistening in the sun after a good clean with some 420 c:
    [​IMG]