making tincture

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by VaperVape, Sep 20, 2013.

1. sorry if there are a trillion threads on this, i am trying this and want to get it right.

I an following these instructions using ever clear.

Decide how much tincture you would like to make. A ratio of 1 gram of weed to 35 mL (1 fluid ounce) of alcohol is the minimum, although some people use up to 6 grams per 35 mL. Pick a moderate ratio for your first time, and see how it works for you. There are about 20-25 drops in 1 fluid ounce. An average dose calls for 3-4 drops, so you can expect 6-8 doses per ounce of Everclear you use.
    Weigh out the amount of weed you would like to use, cut it up, and allow it to dry out. Fresh weed isn't ideal for making tinctures.
    Put the weed and Everclear in the glass jar, and allow it to soak. The mixture should soak for anywhere from 1-10 days-experts disagree about the optimum time; once again, this is a process of experimentation and finding a time frame that creates a product that feels good to you. Gently shake the mixture once a day.
    After the soaking period is done, strain out the plant, and put the liquid in a dark brown medicine bottle with an eyedropper. This will protect the tincture from sunlight to keep the THC from breaking down, and allow you to dose easily.

Couple questions. People say you have to bake the weed. this is completely out of the question for me. Will this tincture still work without baking?

I am planning to use 4 grams is that enough?

also, do you really have to put it for 10 days? some people say if a stir it for a while it should be completly done and extracted by an hour.

I appreciate it!

2. You have to bake it. Sorry. :(

• Like Like x 1