Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making tincture the modern way

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by starguy, Aug 23, 2022.

1. What is your recipe?.,how much bud.,and how much alcohol? How much tincture do you end up with.,?
    Do you evaporate it off or use as is.,? Nosey old hippies want to know.,

2. Half ounce per cup of alcohol, I have made rso not often. As mentioned machine holds 6 cups of liquid - butter, oil or alcohol makes around 48 ounces of tincture using everclear

• Like Like x 1
  3. IDK why, it just does. I'm at sea level & use a lab thermo & a cokking thermo, both agree. The water in the pot does not boil but the ethanol does around 150F. R U at altitude (physically)?

4. Your at sea level.,well that explains it.,.Your not high enough.,Have another hit.,.lol.,

5. #225 starguy, May 29, 2023
    Last edited: May 29, 2023
    If you're putting 3oz of bud in with 48oz of alcohol you must lose a little to absorption.,
    Still this seems like a weak tincture.,My math gives it 6.5mg per squeeze of an eye dropper

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Unless you got a still, 48oz of ethanol or booze aint cheap. Why use so much if it's only gonna evaporate anyway? R U caterering for a party? :yay:

7. #227 GroBuddy, May 29, 2023
    Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Lol you don't even know the thc level of the weed I use. It's around 10 per ML, what's it to you how strong or how weak stuff I make is? That's kinda a asshole comment, you can use more weed and less alcohol to make it stronger i do what i want and how i enjoy using it.

I just use it in coffee or other alcoholic beverages. Doesn't need to be knock your socks off lol the amount I make last me 4 to 6 months depending on how much I give anyway. Im not a huge tincture user.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Must not comprehend the method of evaporation. Liquid needs air to evaporate sealed bottles prevents evaporation. How do you think they have old aged bottles full after decades. Lol I guess it wouldn't be cheap to use that much if you can't afford to. Only around 60$ for a half gallon.

9. That's wild y'all actually down other people's methods because its different from yours. Strength, type, need and or use. As a community that's pathetic, we all enjoy weed differently that shouldnt be a argument, correct or wrong. @Joker1121 applies to you as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You're right mate. I apologize.

11. No shit sherlock!
    There's a Method for evaporation? R U overthinking or what? Ya need the formula for ice? A fool & his $ as they say. Nobody is ganging up on U GB so chill. I'd rather use enough alcohol to get the job done well & spend the other 30$ on steaks. :confused_2: TEHO:metal:

12. Making you feel bad was my LAST INTENT.,I was only commenting about what the math says about the amount of thc (average bud having 150mg per gram) that your recipe gives.,if that's being an asshole to you there's not much else to discuss here.,Sorry if you were offended.,I just wanted to know what you were doing and how you were doing it.,Sharing knowledge.,You came into my thread telling me all I had to do was put shit into the machine and walk away.,like that was the best way .,and that I was wasting my time with my method.,Iwanted to know what you were doing and what the results were.,Ya I like mine strong.,Does that make me an asshole?.,

• Like Like x 1
  13. Don't apologize to the dip shit, he'd find a complaint with winning the lottery. :confused_2:

14. I don't know him enough to judge him.,I am sorry if he was offended by what I posted.,I think he overreacted.,.but I have been there and done that myself so I would like to think it was just a misunderstanding.,
    We're all stoner's here and we don't know how life is treating the other guy.,I don't like being called an asshole.,but I have been called worse.,I just hope he understands that I meant no ill will.,Best2all.,be hi.,be happy and be honest.,These can be very hard times for some.,

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Also I want to add that micro dosing is all the rage.,so GroBuddy is doing what many others are.,I make strong tincture but I don't always want to be baked so I take less.,Each day has different needs.,at least for me.,:hola:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Time for another run.,I have a 1/4lb. of Suckless that has been very stoney puffin.,I'm going to wait for a day and the temperature to drop.,It was 87 today and is going to be again tomorrow.,then it's going down into the 60's.,no AC here.,lol.,
    My stash is getting low and I will like 6oz. of tincture added to the arsenal.,

• Like Like x 1
  17. Been a while and I have been busy making tinture into Moose turd hash.,
    I picked up another Lb. and it came in 5 flavors.,I made 2oz. of turd from half and 10 oz. of tincture from some of the rest.
    The batches for turd I didn't bother to decarb and it "works all good "., For the tincture I washed 2oz. of decarbed powered bud in 8oz of ethanol and got 5oz of tincture from each batch.,This is about 56mg.of thc per ml. of tincture.,This is a good dose for me.,and it gets used in foods as well as sublingual.
    The tincture is nice and I like it but the turd is killer and hard to resist.,lol.,So many choices and so little time,. 20230704_193110.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. I will be making more tincture today and was debating on what I wanted to do with it.,
    This is the great thing about tincture.,once you've made it and are happy with your setup and the end product you have.,it can be be used in so many ways.,
    It can be made weaker or stronger.,and can easily dose food like a cookie or juice or a cocktail.,Under the tongue it's a tincture.,on a cookie it becomes an edible that is faster acting than your average edible because of the alcohol.,same thing putting it in juice.,Honey can easily be made into a very nice product with tincture and coconut oil.,
    And last but not least it can be reduced to FECO and this is "imho" the best of the best.,
    Using the FECO to make Moose turd hash has become my favorite use for my tincture.,(as pictured above) ,I'm still doing the tincture under my tongue but much less often since I have been making the hash.,It keeps me buzzed all day without any need for anything more.,
    I started making tincture to cut back on my smoking and it worked great till I learned to make the Moose turd.,now I'm puffin again and way too much because it's soo darn good.,.
    Could be worse.,So get out your bud an your alcohol and make yourself a batch.,an have dose on me.,

• Like Like x 1
  19. I got two batches of tincture done. Both were 2oz. of bud washed in 8oz. of ethanol. I got 4oz from one and 4-1/2oz. from the other.
    I'm giving 4oz. to a friend who gifted me the hash in the first place.,He has been enjoying my tincture and comments on it.,First it burned.,then it tasted yuky.,Then he was getting to like it a bit.,Now he is liking it an it tastes ok.,an it hardly burns at all.,.lol
    The rest I will hold on to for now.,I need to make phoney for my wife an I would like to make more moosey.,My stash of stuff is ok but now I got very little bud to be creative with.,.lol.,

• Like Like x 1
  20. There's a world of different ways do it. The most accepted way, I believe is about 2 hours at 160-180F.

What I've been doing lately is a little different. I don't know who's idea this was but it was on a thread here or at RIU. I have been using 1/2 oz of good bud and 1 cup of coconut oil. I put it in a pint mason jar with a lid with a hole for a thermometer. I use a 1 1/2 quart pan and fill it about half way with mineral oil for double boiling. Water won't work because it doesn't get hot enough, only 212F. Mineral oil boils at around 340F or so. Heat the mineral oil to 250F (the temp will drop in a minute). When the oil is at temp put the jar, without the lid in the microwave for approx 1 1/2 minutes, 30 seconds at a time. The oil will start to bubble at ~225F and decarb has started. Put the lid on the jar and a thermometer through the lid and another in the oil. I use a digital with 2 probes. It will take about 30 minutes for the coconut oil to reach temp. While it is cooking there will be small bubbles in the coconut oil. When the bubbles stop and the temp is around 240F it's done. Take the jar out of the mineral oil and let it cool.

DON'T GET THE MINERAL IN YOUR PRODUCT!!! REMEMBER YOU BOUGHT IT IN THE LAXATIVE DEPT AT THE DRUG STORE!!!

I use a a different way for RSO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1