Making the right Decision

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Casey7742, Jun 15, 2019.

1. There is no need to worry about the future all we have to do is live in the moment. When we live in the moment and certain choices or opportunities arise we will make the right choice in that moment that will affect our future positively so that means we do not have to worry about the future since when the choices that will affect our future arise we will make the right choice in that moment. So all we have to do is enjoy life and live in the moment and the rest will work its self out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I should be so confident...

• Like Like x 1
  3. There will be a better chance of having good choices if we plan for the future. Enjoying the moment is great but if you live in the moment your future won't include good options to choose from, it'll be down to choices like whether you should walk to work at McDonalds or should you ride your bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. That makes no sense when you're 20.
    But there's no way around it when you're 60.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The choices you make in the present will determine your quality of life in the future. No one plans to fail but some fail to plan.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Yeah I try to do this. I tend to stress my self out worrying about things that haven’t even happened yet lmao. Done with it .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. So I don't plan on taking a future shit ..
    I don't buy toilet paper ..
    Me thinks my future will stink ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I want to be young and stupid again...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Interesting way to look at it. I always think we have two choices that we can possibly make that will effect our future negatively, positively, or not at all. I don’t think EVERY decision we make will positively affect our future lol.

If I decided to do meth tomorrow, that negatively affects my health which will negatively affect me in the future. So I plan to not do meth. Ya kno

10. If i dont plan for my future or think about it then how will i continue to keep myself alive to experience being "in the moment"

and how am I ever out of this said "moment"? even if I am to think of future plans am I not thinking these things in the present?

wouldnt every thought be in this "moment"? wouldnt everything I do be in this "moment"?

the more interesting aspect here is that idea of being in the "moment", we are all participating in it at the same time, thats mindblowing in itself

• Like Like x 1
  11. I make goals and try to stay focused on them daily. My biggest problem is networking at times to help those goals along. I also try to treat everyone with respect and control my emotions.

• Winner Winner x 1