Making the most of a square meter?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Grumbledore, Dec 30, 2015.

1. #1 Grumbledore, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    can anyone provide me with some advice on effective growing in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent.

i need to know how many plants is best to grow and how long to veg. best watt bulbs? additional side, underneath lighting?

my current system uses a wilma 4 pot and i vegged for about 4 weeks from seed. i scrogged and by the time they were late in flowering my tent was filled i felt it was overloaded and only hindered the growth. i pulled only about 10 oz and want to get it nearer 15

2. Wish I could help but I'm a noob. Our size is the same (close anyway, think you are a bit bigger) and I think 2 plants will be perfect for my area. I just have done LST and topping only. I used 5 gallon pots and veged for 8 weeks. Just flipped to flower. I have a 400 mh for veg and 400 HPS for flower with about 125 watts of cfl for the sides. You can see my entire journal in the secret room thread if you want more details.

Attached Files:

3. 1.2x1.2 is really good for a 600w HPS, and a 6 inch extract fan,

with this space look to growing 9 plants in 3 us gallon pots to 3 feet high in 3 months with one month veg

good luck

4. What strain are you using? I like the sound of what you are saying.

5. If you have the option, go with a LED panel. They can be more efficient than HPS, and take a look at everything involved that can affect your bud size, nutrients are almost always at the bottom of the list, but they're still important. Look at lighting, pot size, the strain you're growing (sativas are much easier to fill up large scrog nets), you also might want a longer veg so you can top or fim them more so you can get more tops, and then finally nutrients you're using.

6. That's along the lines of what I was thinking too. 3 foot is a good size but would be bushy too. Would you envisage training being necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I FIM just once in late veg,

and do the same above with all strains first grow,

but have been known to adjust

...more so if its a favorite strain ...including autos

but on them I fim on the 3rd lateral,

rather than the 4th as with photos

good luck