1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Making the change...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by vatoloco, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Well for those of you who don't know I've been wanting to change to hydroponics for the past year and now I'm starting get my shit together for it.

These are all the goodies I bought yesterday. I had so much fun at the nearest hydro shop and Walmart yesterday...I was like a kid in a candy store.

Instead of bubble buckets I've decided to go with the resevoir system since I have a buddy online who can guide through it...but I'm still uncertain. There's a few bubble bucket users at the 'city that have me convinced.

I still have alot to do before I even start the seeds in rockwool. I still need a pH/tds/ec meter and to borrow a drill bit. I need to disinfect everything with rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide, then repaint the walls. A friend of a friend is giving me a long mirror he was throwing out that I might use. Plus I have to get rid of some boxes and clean the area, prevention is worth a thousand solutions. Can anyone think of anything I'm forgetting or any suggestions? I'm starting them under 240Ws of flouros and then under a 430W Hps. Six plants at the most. I've got 2 oscilating fans but no intake fan. I have both a humidifier and de-humidifier.

Well, that's about it...we'll see how it goes.

Attached Files:

2. I also bought this 36 inch flexible air stone.

Attached Files:

3. The guy at the store recommended me the Botanicare ferts rather than the GH or B'Cuzz lines...and I could tell he wasn't growing tomatoes if you know what i mean.

Attached Files:

4. man i wish i had a store with all that stuff near me.....i've gotta improvise with everything....Peace out......Sid

5. that stoe is in st. louis right.

6. Yea, it's the only hydro store left in St. Louis.

...but good luck trying to find me coppers![​IMG]

7. i have always wanted to visit that place but i never have a ride, or know where it is for that matter. just heard about it from friends.

8. Do you live in St. Louis too? PM me if you want directions to it, or better yet I could just give you the number to the place and have them give you directions. It's 314-994-3900, they've got everything you need. That place is called Worm's Way and they're near Creve Coeur. There was another store in the city called Harvest Time Hydroponics but they got shut down because they harvested in the shop lol.

9. no, not in st. louis but for a grow shop i would make the 2-3 hour drive. esspecially since there are none closer. thanks for the info.

Grasscity Deals Near You