Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making THC infused chocolate and weed vs hash

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TimToke, May 31, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

I want to make some edibles tomorrow or the day after and I had this really simple idea;

1. Melt chocolate on the stove
    2. Mix weed/hash into the chocolate
    3. Let it sit for an hour

Do you guys think this would work? I was also wondering if I should use hash instead of weed. I'm thinking it would mix more evenly into the chocolate than weed but I haven't found anything online about the difference between using hash or weed in an edible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. A better option is to buy chocolate butter

make canabutter to a standard recipe

then melt your chocolate and mix it in

you melt butter and chocolate on a' bain maree'

temp is vital when cooking chocolate

good luck

3. If you decarb your hash first that would work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's easier to smoke a joint or take an oil capsule and eat a regular chocolate bar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OP you need to decarb your gear first or you'll just be eating weed/hash mixed with chocolate & that won't do anything lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I thought the heating of the stove for the chocolate would be sufficient to decarb. I've done a shit ton of research though and I've decided to decarb for a few hours at 110 *C (sorry americans), then 'infuse'
    Yeah I was thinking that directly mixing it with the chocolate would decarb it as well, which is kind of true, but it's definitely not going to give the best results

• Like Like x 1

7. Hours?? You'll ruin the herb I'm pretty sure 40 minutes is all it needs

As for mixing into chocolate to decarb it wouldn't work man

You're best off following @BrassNwood decarb method he gets good results doing it his way

Just click his profile & look for a post called hash capsules it'll have all the details lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've done a fuck ton of internet research and I'm going to decarb for 4 hours at 100 *C/212 F (yes, it DOES decarb at that temp), 'infuse' it with peanut butter(was thinking peanut butter might mask the flavor well, but I'm not going to remove any of the weed) and then I'll just mix it with the molten chocolate, hope it hardens and peanut butter chocolate doesn't taste like shit lol

• Funny Funny x 1

9. You'll fuck your herb up but that's on you lol

4 hours though really? You don't cook a joint of meat for 4 hours lmao

• Like Like x 2
  10. Here's a link to a research done at the university I'm currently studying at lol
    I'm basing it off of a study by TU Delft I'll have to look it up so I can link it to you. It says optimum temp is 373 K(=110 *C) for 110 minutes(probably for easy remembering).

I changed it to 100 *C because I want to boil it. Ovens can be pretty inaccurate with temperatures.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fuck sorry for the messy comments I'm doing this on my phone and somehow(after clumsy accidental refreshing etc.)all these different old drafts are coming up

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1

12. It's cool lol do whatever you thinks best man lol i'd only try it with a small amount though say half a gram or a gram then see if it gets you baked, if not try the 40 mins method

• Like Like x 1
  13. #14 TimToke, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Yeah, we'll see.

If it doesn't work, at least I get to contribute to stoner science(and waste some dank ass weed but whatever) :p

I'll post how it goes

I'm not gonna have time to enjoy the experience until Wednesday though, so stay tuned until then

• Like Like x 1
  14. I would use hash, dissolve in as little coconut oil as possible, then add that to an actual recipe for chocolate bars or fudge. Here is an easy way to make peanut butter fudge.

Take 2g of hash and dissolve in to 1/16th to 1/8th cup of coconut oil and set aside.

In a pot put in 2 cups of sugar, and 1/2 cup milk. Bring to a boil, boil 2.5 minutes stirring constantly. Make sure that the sugar dissolves completely or the end product will have a granular texture.

Turn off the burner, mix in 3/4 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and your infused coconut oil. Mix quickly until smooth, pour in to a greased dish (or one with parchment paper), cool and chill it in the refrigerator for a few hours.

As long as your hash doesn't have a lot of plant matter the peanut butter does a great job of covering the weed taste.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Just got done mixing the chocolate and peanut butter.

Holy shit that stuff smells disgusting XD

Let's hope at least it works...

16. #17 TimToke, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Well I'm not sure what to do with it. I tasted maybe like a crumble and it made me gag. The combination of weed, peanut butter and chocolate is terrible. The weed is the tastiest part...

Any tips (besides taking a deep breath)?

I'm definitely infusing it without peanut butter next time, fuck

17. #18 TimToke, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Okay guys.

One thing is for fucking sure. Although the taste might be nearly vomit inducing, the decarbing DEFINITELY works

Because I'm high AF now

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes it will work,I make chocolates this way often decarb first..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum