Making Stem tea vegan?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheSingingStoner, Jan 15, 2018.

1. So I've never made tea, but I'm saving my stems to try. Can it be made vegan?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm pretty sure cannabis stems aren't made of meat.

3. Yes but most of the people I've talked to have told me to use milk

4. most tea is made with butter for the fat content to bond to thc so it can be used.

if u wanna go vegan, maybe boil the stems with coconut oil

5. Use coconut oil for the boiling and then Agave necter and coconut sugar for sweetness.

6. You do know stem tea isn't going to get you high at all and just taste terrible, correct?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Alot of people save stems to make tea or edibles.
    stems don't have as much THC, but they do have some

8. It's mostly a body high from what I've heard, and since I smoke for pain I figure it's worth a try.

9. Id muddle the stems up, and simmer them in a little bit of coconut oil for a while, filter.
    Then I'd mix that with hot water and a couple of your favorite tea bags

Or just boil the coconut oil and water together with the stems, filter, and add tea bags.

10. Do you use a vaporizer at all? I do and save the old vaped weed for cooking and what not. I can fully respect you trying to medicate, but with stems I feel we're talking about diminishing returns here as there is almost no thc in stems. The same reason I throw away water leaves is the same reason I toss stems from my grow, little to no thc. But already vaped weed can certainly shine in situations like this. 2 times the use

11. No I don't. I've read about it but unfortunately I'm not in any position to buy one at the moment. I can't do oil because I live with my aunt and she has horrible asthma. I'd have to buy one that can handle ground bud and they can get pricey. I'm considering it in the future though

12. I just found a vape with good reviews that I can get for about $20 once I cash in the insurance on 2 of my broken pieces. I'm going to order it and see how it works out

• Funny Funny x 1

13. A $20 vape is going to be trash & you'll probably be inhaling melted plastic after the first bowl..

• Informative Informative x 1

14. My bad i thought it was a $20 vape lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm not that stupid lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. That should do it. I'm still using my original vapor brothers box style vape from 2005, the thing is a tank. I will say vaped weed rlly shines in edibles. Just throw it in with w double boiler setup for butter, put it on lowest of the low temps for 2 hours in the butter, drain and stick in the fridge. In 6 hours or so drain out the water and you will have some great butter for edibles