Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making some brownies..

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ClassySmoker, Jun 5, 2012.

1. #1 ClassySmoker, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    Planning on making some special brownies, and I was just wondering: Would 2/8ths of good Kush work for a cup (2 sticks) of 'budder'? Or would I be better of going with just a whole lot of reg? I'm hoping for as many doses/servings as possible, naturally, and I found a recipe which makes 32 servings for 2 cups of butter. Would 2/8ths of Ak47 kush be enough for 32 servings?

2. #2 jkcole, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    Well first of all, edit out that part about distribution as you cant mention that here.

Secondly 2/8 is a quarter ;)

And thirdly id suggest using oil rather than butter, for better potency. Check out badkats cannapharm sticky in here. It has all the info that youll ever need in there, along with many great recipes

I was told it is page 22 for the cannaoil recipe. Although that differs if you are on the app or actual website

3. Haha, thank you JK. As you have surely deduced, I'm a bit new to the forum, and I appreciate your help. I'll check out the cannaoil recipe right away.
    Any news on whether a quarter of kush would be plenty for 32 total servings? Or should I just go with the reg..?

4. [quote name='"ClassySmoker"']Haha, thank you JK. As you have surely deduced, I'm a bit new to the forum, and I appreciate your help. I'll check out the cannaoil recipe right away.
    Any news on whether a quarter of kush would be plenty for 32 total servings? Or should I just go with the reg..?[/quote]

The recommended serving size depends on your tolerance. As you are new to edibles this means two things. Your tolerance is probly pretty low for edibles. But your first try at them will probably not produce very potent ones, as it takes time to master this art like anything else.

So id suggest about a half gram per dose. That being said, only if you follow the directions precisely. Decarbing is very important and badkat touches on that in her recipe. The cooking times and which oil you use is also going to differ the potency a bit. Id suggest coconut oil for the simple fact that it has the most potential to be very potent.

But if you read badkats recipes and her thread, that will help tremendously. Edibles are one of those things where it takes time to develop a method which works for yourself. Trial and error will occur frequently lol.

And lastly, you wont ever know the exact potency until you try what you have created. (This is always the best part!)

And welcome to the city!! an abundance of info in these threads which will help you to grow and learn all aspects of this herb we all love