Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making small amounts of butter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by bullet224, Sep 3, 2017.

1. I got some trim from a friend of mine and decided to try to make some butter and try to make brownies or something. I just wanted to know if there's any way to make just enough butter for one batch because all the videos I see always make way more. I only have about 6 grams

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. yep. Just use the amount of butter the recipe says and throw that amount into the tincture.

Make sure to decarb the trim in the oven before doing anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. As Lucky Luke stated, please decarb first 240F for 40 minutes. Then you may want to grind the cannabis finely and add to butter without straining. I personally couldn't/wouldn't eat powered cannabis in a food item, but it's the only way to get 100% of the goodies. Six grams trim at say 10% potency gives you 600 mg thc in your brownies. Enjoy!

4. Sugar leaf is about half as strong as bud, and generic trim about 1/4 as strong, so if yours is 1/4 as strong, then you have the equivalent of 1.5 g bud. That much bud would contain about (0.15)*(1500 mg) = 225 mg. If 20 mg would get you medicated, then that would be about 11 servings.
    Here's the simplest thing you can do:
    (1) Decarb the herb @ 240 F for 40 min
    (2) Grind to powder
    (3) Mix into the oil (use slightly more oil) of any recipe and use. Try to keep baking time/temp to a minimum.
    Because you have trim, and might need to use 4 times as much compared to flower, there could be significant herb taste.

Your choices are limited though.
    If you make strained butter, you'll lose about half the potency to the straining process.
    That can be avoided by making alcohol tincture, but that's a lot of trouble for such a small amount of herb.

5. Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to just make some firecrackers and they definitely did their job lol. I think me and some friends are gonna all put in and try brownies sometime this week when we have time