Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making PVC bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thejesterjester, Jul 19, 2009.

1. I have some PVC pipes laying around and I was think about making a bong out of it. Does anyone have any idea on how to?

2. PVC fumes can be very bad for you, but I've read also that since the smoke is cooled there aren't any fumes. just my 2 cents. try google maybe?

3. yea well the flame isnt directly hitting the PVC so i thought it would be ok. i tried google but i want to get some other people creative ideas on here

4. You should go out and get some glass man. Don't mess around with plastic, fumes are very bad. Once you get your own legit glass spoon, bubbler, BONG, etc, you'll never regret it

5. Dont make a steamrolled, that would be even more unhealthy...

This
    study found that the temperature of tobacco smoke at the mouthpiece could be up to 190C, that's at the mouthpiece(of a pipe), not the bottom of the down stem, and Dynalab's(a producer of PVC) website says here, that the melting point of PVC is 80C , less than half the possible temperature of smoke at the mouthpeice of a pipe, so im going to go ahead and say that i wouldn't feel safe smoking out of a PVC pipe.

Im not sure if the water cools it that much, but im not risking it

6. thanks man i had no idea haha

7. yeah then fuck it, im not gonna make a bong out of it
    SFJudge2 - i would buy a nice legit glass bong anyday, but i still live with my parents so i would really have no place to put it

8. just get a 20 dollar 4-5 inch spoon...you can hide it anywhere like in a sock...in the back of a
    cabinet is where i keep mine
    (theres loads of threads with hiding tips)

9. Yea man, personally I like pieces that just get the job done, to get me feeling good. I rarely have a session with my friends and if I do my friends have the 18' ROOR Green Label bongs haha.

Just go out and get a small spoon or chillum, you'd be surprised how well they rip.