Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making pot brownies for the first time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by emt1581, Jan 11, 2021.

1. This Saturday we're having friends over. Made some cannabutter with 1/2oz of Sex Bud and we'll be using that instead of oil. If the recipe calls for 1/4cup of oil, do we use that much cannabutter or is that way too potent? Also, any tips for hiding the taste of pot? Smelling the butter itself, there's a VERY heavy aroma coming from it. Not bad as we love the smell of it and when it was decarbing in the oven we kept opening the oven just to take whiffs...lol But I digress....love the smell but mixing that smell with brownies...not sure about how that'd go. So again, any thoughts on masking the taste of weed?

Thanks!!:)

2. Can't. Have to use a pre-mix that's gluten free.

3. Ratio is generally 3:4 by volume. 1 cup of butter equals 3/4 cup oil

Half a cup of butter?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've made them many different ways. Now, I add 3.5 g to the brownie mix. That's it. It will decarb in the oven so fuck it. To hide the taste you sprinkle the brownies with sea salt.

5. I think you get more bang if you decarb first then add it to the mix and bake

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. There are lots of shortcuts, but all will compromise your final result in taste. Brownies are popular because chocolate naturally covers some of the cannabis flavor. Even so, you can improve it with a little effort.

Patricia is right about the chef’s butter/oil conversion, but I’ve gone with 1:1 with better results when subbing butter for oil. I try to use clarified butter (ghee) and always strain out the plant matter. Some other tips for improving box mixes are to use an extra egg and use milk instead of water.

Good luck and posting back your results will help all of us.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I usually go less on the eggs because it makes it too cakey. We like rich/thick. Could try milk.

Will definitely post results. And for anyone curious, it's the walmart gluten free brownies in a pouch. Pretty good on their own for being gluten free but don't touch Ghiradelli Turtle Brownies by any stretch of the imagination!

Thanks

8. I like my brownies soft and fudgey, so I get the "too cakey" complaint and the extra egg can contribute to it. Two ways to keep things more to your liking. For the extra egg, just use the yolk, but more important, use a thermometer to measure internal temperature. Don't trust the toothpick test. Right around 180 degrees is a good starting point.

9. Good to know on both counts! I have a Thermapen so I'll use that. First time I'm not using it on meat. lol

10. Great thermometer. Homebrewer by any chance?

11. Yup, but just for hard cider. No thermometer needed there. Just a gallon jug, yeast, sugar and an airlock.

However, I've really gotten into cooking since the start of the pandemic. I now have a kamado, blackstone 36", air fryer, and food saver (going to try sous vide).

• Like Like x 1
  12. I used to go to efforts like that. Now days they're gone and eaten before I give a shit. Potent enough for my liking.

13. For me the effort is worth it. If I didn't like good food so much, I'd go with Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads