making my own thc e liquid. food grade pg and vg or no please help me out lol

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by naturelover997, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Hey I'm making my own thc e liquid. And what pg and vg should I use I seen some food grade but people say it bad for you.that u shouldnt vape food grade pg and vg. what kind should I use? Thank you very much for reading

2. #2 101 BIG TEX 101, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    vegetable glycerin by itself  Or you can use a zero milligram e-fluid to add some flavor to the thc e-fluid. Typically there will be 10% PG sometimes a bit more

3. USP rated vg. Pharmaceutical or food grade only. Can be found occasionally at pharmacies, or farm supplies. 

4. Thank you both alot ill look for it also when heating it in the vg what temp does it need to release thc and not combust the herb

5. #5 Markc05, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    You should double boil your vg mixture at a quite low temp, basically simmering water. I would avoid direct heating, as it will cause hot spots, and will cause issues in temp regulation. 

6. Okay I'm sure u made ur own thc e liquid What's the best way u found so far I'm new to making it and don't want to make a mistake and get sick when vaping

7. Thanks ill read it now

8. Thanks mark I got all the info I needed to do this ill try it out soon and let u know How it went for me. Do u think I could use a coffee marker and use the heating pad for the water to simmer and have the jar inside like that. Idk if it will be hot enough ik mine has a temp control

9. The burner on a coffee maker is mediocre, and temp control is usually for the water, if you really don't want to use your stove, go to the salvation army, or whatever thrift store is around you and look for a portable stove top. My buddy found one up here for 5$ works fine. Or a camp stove would work too, I would avoid the coffee maker, but if you have cone or basket filters you can use them to strain, just use a bit of vg to lube up the paper prior to using them.  

10. Okay ill go look for one soon thanks mark and it's not that I don't want to it's if my parents find out I'm screwed lol I don't have 2 hours alone normally to make it lol but in my room I can easily