Making my own soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MotaMike, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Home Depot does carry Espoma nutrients although the prices of some are high.
    I was thinking of buying from Peaceful Valley in Grass Valley and having it shipped as the price for gas and my time would probably be about the same as shipping. My F-150 is no high mileage truck for that trip.

2. I am going to search more for one around here Chunk. There has to be one within an hour or so drive of here I would think.

3. Yea same boat as me. Car runs on super unleaded and gets 12 mpg. It's a bit of a trip from VV , but should be worth it. Might be able to work a deal better in person. Also they could help advise you on amounts to purchase and make sure you have everything you need.

4. I dunno man...can u even get out of city in an hr?  I paid $45 for 50# kelp meal last yr reg price is $60 but they run sales mid Feb to March.  Sux man gas costs too much these days and seems like city nurseries and even feed stores overcharge b/c they know they can...my bro lives in east bay he said 20-30% mark up...I see folks up here from solano, napa, sonoma cntyz all the time...not as deep as u tho

5. #25 MotaMike, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  6. #26 MotaMike, Feb 5, 2014
    I went ahead and purchased the OMRI listed kelp above.
    Couldn't pass it up for less than $2 a pound and free delivery. I couldn't find anything cheaper around here. :)

7. Hey u gotta do what u gotta do...that should work for your needs...and will be the backbone for your mix.  Pick up some tomato tone or eb 5-5-5 and some small boxes of additional amendments and you'll have a killer mix by spring!!

8. #28 MotaMike, Feb 5, 2014
    Looking forward to it. Not the killer prices you all have up near Humboldt county but that is an almost 6 hr drive for me. ;)