making my own kinds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by NWestblessed, May 10, 2013.

1. I'm going to start out with 7 kinds - black betty from local seed or clone, tga subcool Jack's cleaner 2, kg brains Brazil, marijuanaseeds nl's carmelicious or royal queen seed's royal Carmel, sensi afghani #1, local super silver haze seed or clone or I forget if a certain bank online has that and word pakistan valley kush. I'll cross BB x jack for my own custom kind black jack and Carmel x kc brazillian purp for Rocky road (yummy) and af 1 x haze for my own special af goo and then clone my best plant and leave the kush alone which will make for my 6 for every year after. Does this sound like a sweet plan or what?

2. No. It sounds like yer really high... :rolleyes:

3. Not high at all actually. Why couldn't I take seeds that turned out to be females from seed banks and cross them between each other and also between local seed and clones of local chronic males that's all I'm saying. That's what some growers do. I'm just obsessive especially about bud and the strain craze that seems to be the most intriguing aspect of buds to most people.

4. Let me be careful and say I have never brad and barely grew. However I have read the crap out of these boards, and I have also listened to High Time Cup breeders like SubCool on a panel.

To create quality strains it takes a lot more work, a new strain is very unstable. There are different F types, and things are not as simple to create a strain that you will like and enjoy. It can easily take a year to get the tastes and potency to get what might be the end strain.

Having said that we all have to start somewhere. Pick one of your combo's above and work in it until you are able to create a quality mother plant that you can clone off of and where every bud tastes the same.

Overall just have fun with it, and don't set unrealistic expectations. That is how we all learn. I am working in my grow technique and once it is consistent then I am going to start messing with breeding.

5. There are books in the public domain (free online) that discuss plant breeding in general. Methods of breeding programs, etc. Worth a google search if that is really what you wana do bro.

6. Not high? I am. You can be OC, it reads in your post, it's hilarious. Mine all read 'Coma', it's cool. It's a little more complicated than it sounds, but it's fun. I too recommend Clarke's book, I have one also.
    Like I said in PM, I'd stick with Male and female plants, and not fems, to decrease the hermie potential...try to work with plants you know and understand, not someone's beans that you bought, it gives you control over what you are developing when you understand that particular plants recessive genetic qualitites. The ones they pass on and you don't see in the parent plant.

Let us know what you do first, rambling aside, most hybrids start this way. It is time consuming however, I grow mainly inside, and this allows growing throughout the year, not just seasonal, more plants to study, cuz many get thrown out. :eek:

7. rep worthy

8. Thanks Man. Guess this is the 'new rep method'? Think I'll do the same!