Making my first bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by telovoya, May 31, 2016.

1. #1 telovoya, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Hi guys.
    I searched the forum and see several posts of newbies like me asking "First time bong.. what to buy"
    and most answers are "go to your local shop and get something cheap".

Ok i get it that is a good start of course, but i actually like to be creative and get my hands dirty for the fun and make my own water pipe.
    I have a Crystal skull vodka bottle that i want to convert to a bong. I may find some other interesting piece of glass but for now this is what i got and i think it will be cool.

So im looking at down stems and glass bowls for the project and i see there are different sizes.
    Im still new (1+ years smoker) so i can hit a joint about 4 times and be good, i can't do huge rips yet so my question is this...

will the smaller down stem / bowls also have a smaller hole or is it just the size of the bowls?
    i see 9mm, 14mm, 18mm (mostly the latter 2) sizes for the bowls.
    Is the 14mm still too big and draw too much smoke on the bong?
    what size set do you get when you start using a bong?

Thanks for any tips

2. Just get one u like the size wont matter it all depends on how much weed u put it and how much u can inhale at once

• Like Like x 2
  3. I agree with this guy, it really doesn't matter what size of bowl you get. Get the one that you think fits your bong the best. The size of your draw is your choice but the bigger the bong the harder it is to clear.