Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making my first batch of cannabutter in a crock pot

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mark Emery, Jan 7, 2014.

1. So I have
    1oz of course busted herbs
    5 1/4 lb sticks of butter (melted and filtered with cheese cloth)
    2 cups of water

now sitting in the crockpot for 16 hours on low and slow :/

See yall on the next update

2. good luck!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. So far so good! It seems to be the right temp and all, barely bubbling on the edges so only like 14 hours left!

4. Did you decarb the herbage first?

5. Next time try putting the herb and butter in canning jars then the jars  in the water in the crockpot. You will get a cleaner easier product. Much less mess.

6. [quote name="Peacerose55" post="19304472" timestamp="1389223662"]Next time try putting the herb and butter in canning jars then the jars in the water in the crockpot. You will get a cleaner easier product. Much less mess.[/quote]Wish I had thought of that before haha now I have to clean the whole crock pot. Oops. Next time I guess :p

7. It's a good tip but I can too. The first time you try it you will always do it . It works for coconut oil too.

8. Ight guys butter was good as fuck, brownies is where I screwed up, their still couch lock but either 1 batch over cooked or 1 batch under cooked

9. Just melted a bit of my butter over some pasta for lunch let's see how this goes Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app